GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ron Atkinson Quits After Racist Remark."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/04/04 at 21:27
Regular
[URL]//www.itv.com/news/2112479.html[/URL]
Thu 22/04/04 at 07:47
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Clazon wrote:

> do you actually know what the comment was? whether it was dodgy, or
> plain stupid? doesn't change anything now, but at least i can judge
> what i think.

I can't get the link to work but it was on the late news. Believe me it was very bad. So bad that I'm not posting it.

He had no option but to resign.
Thu 22/04/04 at 07:50
Regular
"Notable"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Excellent, no more "Ooh lets butt sex Paul Scholes"
> statements. Lets hope the replacement actually talks some sense.

Um....best attacking center-mid in the prem.
Thu 22/04/04 at 11:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, it's not like leaving ITV could be so-much of a bad thing for a well-known (golden) face like Ron Atkinson's. ;)

He may not be the Andy Gray many still seem to make him out to be, but he still does know what he's talking about, half-the-time. Without him, The Premiership is left with the "expert" cliché-ridden scaled-down babblings of Bender Boys Robbie Earle and Andy Townsend (now to be joined, permanently, by the slurings of All McMoist)...

I guess this Saturday night program [I]CAN[/B] get even worse, after all!! :O

As much as we'd all like to know what he said, exactly, I doubt we'll get to hear it while people like Desailly and Big Ron are still around. If it was to come-out over in these regions, what good would it do to either of these two, in the media-plagued country we live in?
Thu 22/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
I heard that he said something bad, but i didn't know it was that bad!
Thu 22/04/04 at 13:53
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Is he saying sorry for what he said, or sorry that it has been publicised?

Spot on I reckon.

Come off it Ron, if you had not been heard over the so called 'secret microphone' would you have ever have offered your resignation or admitted to such a thing? - me. thinks. not.
Thu 22/04/04 at 14:52
Regular
Thank god.. but still Match of the Day is back next season.
Thu 22/04/04 at 14:59
Regular
"I like cheese"
You'll find exactly what he said here. Sorry for the long link, lol, just I don't think I can really put it here. Three spaces.

http://www.freeserve.com/entertainment/specialreport/ SPACE 00030C17-980F-1087-94E480AC13220000.htm?linkfrom SPACE =entertainment&link=GenArtMainChannel1_ SPACE title&article=ENTbigron

Bad enough in my view. Still, made me chuckle.
Thu 22/04/04 at 15:04
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
[URL]http://www.freeserve.com/entertainment/specialreport/00030C17-980F-1087-94E480AC13220000.htm?linkfrom=entertainment&link=GenArtMainChannel1_%20title&article=ENTbigron[/URL]

Why didn't you just post it like this?
Thu 22/04/04 at 15:40
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I knew what he'd said about Desailly but didn't realise he'd been calling Claudio Ranieri as well.
Thu 22/04/04 at 17:15
Regular
Ju§t Tinkª wrote:
> Um....best attacking center-mid in the prem.

Oh and I stated otherwise?

No, I merely commented about someone who aggrivated me on a regular basis with anal comments like "Liverpool will win the title this year".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.