GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ron Atkinson Quits After Racist Remark."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/04/04 at 21:27
Regular
[URL]//www.itv.com/news/2112479.html[/URL]
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Yes, there are too many adverts, but without them we would not get ITV and most certainly not the Premiership. Those adverts pay for ITV to get the rights to all the goals and games.

Aye, the first bit is great
Sat 24/04/04 at 16:28
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
316 3055 wrote:
> Worst thing about The Premiership is the over-long opening credits.
> Not only too long, but a God-awful song, too.

CRETIN!
I think the intro to The Prem is possibly one of the best on TV at the moment. Though this'll sound clichéd, it shows the joy of football. And the music is perfect for it.

> And why do they bother AT ALL with that first 'break'? It doesn't
> advertise anything other than what's coming to ITV - there are no
> real adverts, and it's totally unnecessary.

Unnecessary to us, yes.
Though for them, likely not.
Fri 23/04/04 at 14:32
Regular
"Yes you are"
Don or†ega wrote:
> Have noticed that recently some of the breaks during the premiership
> have been cut to 2-3 adverts which is a step in the right direction.

Worst thing about The Premiership is the over-long opening credits. Not only too long, but a God-awful song, too.

And why do they bother AT ALL with that first 'break'? It doesn't advertise anything other than what's coming to ITV - there are no real adverts, and it's totally unnecessary.
Fri 23/04/04 at 13:52
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
[URL]http://www.dangerhere.com/ronglish/lesson1.htm[/URL]

Heehee!
Thu 22/04/04 at 23:02
Regular
"Notable"
They get a tad tedious after the 10 billionth time. :¬)
Thu 22/04/04 at 23:01
Regular
Have noticed that recently some of the breaks during the premiership have been cut to 2-3 adverts which is a step in the right direction. Love those little coca-cola skits though!
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:54
Regular
"Colourless"
Silent Scope wrote:
> Thank god.. but still Match of the Day is back next season.

I prefer the way The Premiership is set up, with a better studio, and U2 at the beginning. But they need some new analysts and they need to get rid of the adverts.
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:17
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Clazon wrote:
> BBC should sign the ITV guy that makes good comments throughout the
> game, but when it comes to a goal, he says nothing. then...

Yeh I agree, he was commentating on the Newcastle v Marseille game earlier today and is a decent commentator.

I'd imagine there might be some changes to MOTD when it comes around next year. The likes of John Motson & Barry Davies seem to be going senile.
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:13
Regular
"The Red Shift"
BBC should sign the ITV guy that makes good comments throughout the game, but when it comes to a goal, he says nothing. then...

IT'S LUYDOVIC GIULY!

or

SHEVCHENKOOOOOO. 1-0!

he's insightful, but not boring. plus MOTD have to change the graphic set up for next year. sky sports too.
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:01
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Don or†ega wrote:
> I think the BBC has lost the plot. Schmeichel can hardly put a
> sentance together and i just find the whole programme boring.
> Especially thier commentary line ups. Just a complete borefest.
>
> At least ITV is good for a few laughs.

Agreed. If Big Ron was still doing the Premiership week in week out alongside Robbie Earle the Premiership would be top stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.