GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Game Chat Thread Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/16 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure we had one of these before, but as we've got nowhere else on the forums for general game chat, here it is....

Page:
Thu 27/10/16 at 14:21
"possibly impossible"

dav2612 wrote:
I have sampled Team Deathmatch on Battlefield 1 now. And I shall probably never play that again. I didn't die as frequently as I did in CoD but I think that was because I somehow spent most of my time away from the action. Perhaps some of the maps are too big for their own good. 4 matches was enough for boredom to take control and have me switch it off.

To be fair, you need to work as a team and communicate. It's not as pew pew as COD.
Thu 27/10/16 at 14:45
Regular
"And in last place.."

pb wrote:
To be fair, you need to work as a team and communicate. It's not as pew pew as COD.

Nobody on my team got that message. I can't remember the last time on any of these games I heard anyone communicate. Other than dealing with the sniper in the windmill, I didn't come across any reason to communicate. People just randomly dash about all over the place, there are seldom any tactics or team work evident.
Fri 28/10/16 at 11:27
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Nobody on my team got that message. I can't remember the last time on any of these games I heard anyone communicate. Other than dealing with the sniper in the windmill, I didn't come across any reason to communicate. People just randomly dash about all over the place, there are seldom any tactics or team work evident.

Ah, the joys of discovering that nearly everyone playing on those is under the age of 12...
Fri 28/10/16 at 13:04
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
Ah, the joys of discovering that nearly everyone playing on those is under the age of 12...

Well they certainly have way faster response times than me. By the time I've clocked there is someone there and I should shoot, I have died and respawned. Twice.

Sat 29/10/16 at 11:10
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Well they certainly have way faster response times than me. By the time I've clocked there is someone there and I should shoot, I have died and respawned. Twice.

Exactly the reason I don't do multiplayer. Kids dominate the whole thing, despite the 15 or 18 ratings. If it really did require some tactical behaviour, if your team mates and opposition played in the spirit of the game, I might think differently, but I get so bored just "headless chicken"-ing my way through map after map.

Even Doom (distinctly, undoubtedly an 18 and for good reason) is packed with little boys running around and doing the "you can't shoot me 'cos I'm bouncing" thing. Irritating.

Total War on the other hand has entirely the opposite problem; online players are so up themselves and "historically accurate" that they take all the fun out of it.

What's needed is a proper "middle ground", where adult players remember that it's still supposed to be fun but nonetheless take the whole team thing into consideration. Can't remember the last time I felt like that was the case (probably RTCW, so some time ago...).
Wed 02/11/16 at 22:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

chasfh wrote:
Exactly the reason I don't do multiplayer.

What's needed is a proper "middle ground", where adult players remember that it's still supposed to be fun but nonetheless take the whole team thing into consideration. Can't remember the last time I felt like that was the case (probably RTCW, so some time ago...).

Difficult to say Chas, but I know where you are coming from. Battlefield 2 and 3, we had great team action and our own server and comms! But, laterly, people have fallen away ... grown up, got married, died etc etc. Game 'people' have changed, they're not 'old school' any more and neither are the games, as much as they may claim to be!
Thu 03/11/16 at 14:38
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
Difficult to say Chas, but I know where you are coming from. Battlefield 2 and 3, we had great team action and our own server and comms! But, laterly, people have fallen away ... grown up, got married, died etc etc. Game 'people' have changed, they're not 'old school' any more and neither are the games, as much as they may claim to be!

Less "old school", more "at school"...

Perhaps if parents had more control over their kids' gaming habits it'd be different.
Tue 08/11/16 at 09:55
Regular
"And in last place.."
Titanfall 2 is certainly a nice looking game. Only had a brief shot so far but the initial impression I am left with is that the titan sure is chatty.

I did take a look at the multiplayer component. Usual story for me and I left feeling well out of my depth. I did alright on the first game but clearly very rusty now.
Tue 08/11/16 at 10:20
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Titanfall 2 is certainly a nice looking game. Only had a brief shot so far but the initial impression I am left with is that the titan sure is chatty.

I did take a look at the multiplayer component. Usual story for me and I left feeling well out of my depth. I did alright on the first game but clearly very rusty now.

Nothing worse than a rusty titan...

Been replaying Batman Arkham Knight, as I didn't see much difference in the remastered Skyrim. Rather glad I didn't pay for the upgrade, I'd have been rather annoyed if I had. It runs a bit smoother, looks a tad prettier in sunlit areas, but other than that...

Anyway, I'd forgotten how much fun it is to drive the Batmobile and trash bad guys. Found a few new bits too, some rather diabolical Riddler trophies and one or two new areas.

Despite the bad press, I still love this game (and in fact all the Arkham games!).
Tue 08/11/16 at 10:58
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
Nothing worse than a rusty titan...

Been replaying Batman Arkham Knight, as I didn't see much difference in the remastered Skyrim. Rather glad I didn't pay for the upgrade, I'd have been rather annoyed if I had. It runs a bit smoother, looks a tad prettier in sunlit areas, but other than that...

Anyway, I'd forgotten how much fun it is to drive the Batmobile and trash bad guys. Found a few new bits too, some rather diabolical Riddler trophies and one or two new areas.

Despite the bad press, I still love this game (and in fact all the Arkham games!).

I might pick up Skyrim at some point. It won me over eventually last time round (really not a fan of the fantasy setting) but not convinced it could again, especially since I couldn't take to The Witcher 3.

I was left a bit disappointed in Arkham Knight but I would like to play it again one day with lowered expectations.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.