GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Game Chat Thread Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/16 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure we had one of these before, but as we've got nowhere else on the forums for general game chat, here it is....

Page:
Sat 14/01/17 at 12:56
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Just been catching up on all information from the Nintendo Switch presentation. My plans to head in to town and preorder at lunchtime have been cancelled. The rumoured £250 + game and I was in but £280 with no game is a bit much for me, considering none of the games I was actually interested in appear to be day 1.

I shall bide my time.

The price did make me do a bit of a double take, but given what it's (apparently) capable of and how flexible it is, perhaps it's worth it. Handheld AND home console gaming in one bundle? 720p and 1080p?

We have three tablets in the house all about the same size as the one with the Switch, not including Kindles, and not one of them was less than £120. My wife has a 3DS XL, and we'd since given up on the idea of a home console.

The 3DS was more than half the price of the Switch, and the screen is a lot smaller than the rather impressive tablet you get with the switch (and a lot lower resolution too), so I'm actually quite tempted as it "upgrades" the wife's handheld gaming AND adds a home console...
Fri 13/01/17 at 09:01
Regular
"And in last place.."
Just been catching up on all information from the Nintendo Switch presentation. My plans to head in to town and preorder at lunchtime have been cancelled. The rumoured £250 + game and I was in but £280 with no game is a bit much for me, considering none of the games I was actually interested in appear to be day 1.

I shall bide my time.
Fri 06/01/17 at 19:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

chasfh wrote:
Never mind DL...

Soon be Christmas.

Merry Christmas Chas ... was waiting for that :¬D
Fri 06/01/17 at 13:16
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
For me the 'Christmas' period has been a fraught time with Steam and Origin ... Steam downtime and Origin being totally uninterested in games 'not playing ball' ... Things seemed to have 'settled' down, the odd Steam game shortcut still freezes the PC but what the heck! What I found odd was when I checked my Steam Library this afternoon ... I had a new inventory item! Not that unusual, but I haven't played that particular game for over 2 weeks!!!?

Never mind DL...

Soon be Christmas.
Thu 05/01/17 at 19:49
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi DL ... know just what you mean ;¬)

Just completed Crysis 3 and Prophet lives ... :¬)
Thu 05/01/17 at 18:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
For me the 'Christmas' period has been a fraught time with Steam and Origin ... Steam downtime and Origin being totally uninterested in games 'not playing ball' ... Things seemed to have 'settled' down, the odd Steam game shortcut still freezes the PC but what the heck! What I found odd was when I checked my Steam Library this afternoon ... I had a new inventory item! Not that unusual, but I haven't played that particular game for over 2 weeks!!!?
Thu 05/01/17 at 09:23
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
Skyrim was my biggest time-sink for around a year, absolutely loved it.

Timesink is a perfect description - my quest list only seems to grow and I've not even touched the story expansions yet.

I got married last night. I seem to be quite a catch as numerous men and women were interested in me. It might have been nice if my chosen wife had bothered to get dressed up for the occasion though. I guess I could have taken my helmet off.
Wed 04/01/17 at 10:05
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
I have been getting stuck into Skyrim - 22 hours in, a millions quests open and a whole bunch of places I've not discovered yet. Rather enjoying it.

I built my first house and it is looking lovely, if a little sparse inside and lacking somewhere to sleep.

Skyrim was my biggest time-sink for around a year, absolutely loved it.

Just completed my first campaign on TW Warhammer, with a total of around 70 hours played. That was the easy part, using the Dwarf armies who seem to start the game with rather more substantial resources than the other factions. Next stop, Vampire Counts I suspect...
Wed 04/01/17 at 09:53
Regular
"And in last place.."
I have been getting stuck into Skyrim - 22 hours in, a millions quests open and a whole bunch of places I've not discovered yet. Rather enjoying it.

I built my first house and it is looking lovely, if a little sparse inside and lacking somewhere to sleep.
Thu 29/12/16 at 11:34
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Warhammer Total War is awesome. Possibly the best TW game so far (although Rome Total War and Shogun 2 are close). Rock hard and stupidly good, with some seriously good AI that reflects the stats of the table top war game troops perfectly.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.