GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Game Chat Thread Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/16 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure we had one of these before, but as we've got nowhere else on the forums for general game chat, here it is....

Page:
Tue 27/12/16 at 22:33
Regular
"Braaains"
I just finished Episode 1 of Season 3 of the Walking Dead. Christ, this series.... there's as much relentless sodding misery in this as there is in ten Eastenders Christmas specials.

Post edited by Hannard on 27/12/2016 at 22:33.
Sat 17/12/16 at 12:44
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
So Deus Ex Mankind Divided will run quite happily in 4K. That's the first of my "new" games that I've tried on my screen.

Happy days!
Mon 12/12/16 at 20:47
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks Garin ... suppose I expected that one, but have had a fraught weekend of game crashes, updates and now half the house has internet and the rest doesn't ... which I discover also affects one of our friends a mile away! Any indication of the problem? No...Freeola, no idea but I did find that the DNS server was unobtainable ... in two different places ... seems like our local exchange had problems!!! It's back now ... so my problems have lessened but I'm still on the trail of crashing games due to multiple driver downloads ...
Mon 12/12/16 at 17:20
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Its one thing to complain about additions that are clearly distinct from the main drivers. Complaining your drivers have optimisations for something you don't own seems a bit silly though. The fact is both AMD and Nvidia drivers have hundreds of profiles for games built into them. It probably costs you a few KB in driver size. And really not worth the mess of multiple releases because you might not own an Oculus Rift or a specific game at that point.
Mon 12/12/16 at 15:11
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
;¬)
Mon 12/12/16 at 11:27
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
Just an idle thought as I wait for yet another 375 mb install of a new Geforce Driver ... why does it now include 53 Occulus Rift games???

What difference do they make or what good are they to me?

I'm sure driver downloads these days can be 'directed' at what you've actually got and not at what you might have in the future if you become madly in love with dancing around the living room with a headset on shouting ... " What you waiting for... Christmas"

You mean "directed" like the AMD ones? One unified install base for ALL current AMD products (mother boards, sound chips, GPUs, HDMI etc.), followed by a quick scan, followed by only the relevant drivers being dropped on you. Or choose the "lite" version, which only includes graphics drivers.

yes, they can be directed, but as with anything else, some companies just can't pass on an opportunity to try to sell you something...

I can just imagine how much fun you'd have with Oculus Rift, DL...
Fri 09/12/16 at 20:37
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just an idle thought as I wait for yet another 375 mb install of a new Geforce Driver ... why does it now include 53 Occulus Rift games???

What difference do they make or what good are they to me?

I'm sure driver downloads these days can be 'directed' at what you've actually got and not at what you might have in the future if you become madly in love with dancing around the living room with a headset on shouting ... " What you waiting for... Christmas"
Fri 09/12/16 at 10:29
Regular
"And in last place.."
Dishonored 2 completed in high chaos now. Barely a soul left alive by the end. Overall I don't think I'm walking away with the same positive feelings as I did with the original. How much of that is down to my and my little gaming rut, I'm not sure.
Thu 08/12/16 at 22:25
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

chasfh wrote:
Doom? Nothing fluffier than a Hellknight...

Or Shadow Warrior 2 ... ? There are bunnies in it ;¬)

Post edited by DL on 08/12/2016 at 22:27.
Thu 08/12/16 at 16:04
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Just before I started the last mission in Dishonored 2 I found my high chaos antics resulting in some rather cold actions. It seems being my ally is not enough to spare your life when I'm in high chaos mode. Rather surprised with myself. I might need to play something cute and fluffy after this.

Doom? Nothing fluffier than a Hellknight...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.