GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Game Chat Thread Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/16 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure we had one of these before, but as we've got nowhere else on the forums for general game chat, here it is....

Page:
Fri 12/05/17 at 16:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I've been waiting for your views chas :¬)
Fri 12/05/17 at 13:41
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
"Prey" is awesome, from start to finish. However, you have to wait until the last credits roll to get the full benefit; there's a "hidden" area just after these that blows your perception of the story wide apart.

I suspected part of it, but not all...

So. so close to System Shock that it's now my new favourite game!
Wed 12/04/17 at 15:16
Regular
"And in last place.."

pb wrote:
What games are people looking forward to for the rest of this year? There doesn't seem to be a lot, unless E3 announcements contain plenty of surprises in June.

I'm looking forward to Mario Kart on Switch, Crackdown 3 and, er, that's it at the moment.

I've got Wipeout Omega Collection and Dirt 4 on my short list. Wipeout I already own on the Vita/PS3 so I probably shouldn't bother. But it is Wipeout and I'll probably cave in.

Wed 12/04/17 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
What games are people looking forward to for the rest of this year? There doesn't seem to be a lot, unless E3 announcements contain plenty of surprises in June.

I'm looking forward to Mario Kart on Switch, Crackdown 3 and, er, that's it at the moment.
Mon 27/03/17 at 09:13
Regular
"And in last place.."
Horizon Zero Dawn completed at the weekend. By the time I had finished the story and my list of side quests I was so close to the platinum trophy that it would have been rude not to.

After bagging my shiny little digital trophy, I moved onto Gears of War 4. It is everything I expected and I'm totally bored. And something like a 36.5GB patch to download - makes me wonder just what was on the actual disc.

Wed 08/03/17 at 09:18
Regular
"And in last place.."
I have spent a fair bit of time with Horizon Zero Dawn and it has taken me by surprise. I was never overly fussed when I saw the trailers but I had enough of a curiosity to give it a try. Glad I did as I'm really enjoying it.

Went back for a spot of Batman last night but it isn't holding my attention. I think this is primarily down to 2 factors.

The first factor is too much combat. Last night I barely went 5 minutes without another fight and each fight saw more opponents than the last. I know this is common throughout the Arkham series and as impressive as the combat engine is, the fighting has never been my favourite part of the games and I'm rather hit and miss at it. I have recently put a lot of time into Sleeping Dogs and getting tired of the constant fighting in that too. Too much fighting and happening too often. Can't we all just be friends?

The second factor is that despite the minor differences, in general I can't escape the feeling like I've seen it all before and too many times.
Mon 27/02/17 at 18:42
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
I am a button masher even though in my head I know that I should slow it down. As a result I can easily miss my counter attack timing. That was my downfall in against Deathstroke but the game also seemed a bit hit and miss with letting me know - when it didn't tell me then I messed it up. A rather lengthy battle which didn't help with having to repeat it again and again. I did wonder if I was going to fail at the first boss.

The map is surprisingly large and I can see why there is fast travel.

Undoubtedly essential for getting around later on, but don't be fooled, you'll miss a LOT if you fast travel too much, and it's certainly worth taking the time to look around. I found dozens of little "secrets" and extras just by travelling on foot or by gliding.

Deathstroke is the second hardest Boss fight in that game. Your second encounter with Bane is much, much worse... in fact, I think they actually patched the PC version after a while to make it (marginally) easier.
Mon 27/02/17 at 18:37
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
Ohh, I'd forgotten about you getting Arkham Origins...

How much of an issue was Deathstroke? How many deaths was he responsible for (and indeed, how much swearing)?

On the flipside, how much are you loving the entirety of Gotham to play around in?

I am a button masher even though in my head I know that I should slow it down. As a result I can easily miss my counter attack timing. That was my downfall in against Deathstroke but the game also seemed a bit hit and miss with letting me know - when it didn't tell me then I messed it up. A rather lengthy battle which didn't help with having to repeat it again and again. I did wonder if I was going to fail at the first boss.

The map is surprisingly large and I can see why there is fast travel.
Mon 27/02/17 at 18:13
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Not that I have the means but I have no time for hi-res texture admiring. I have a popularity issue. It seems that everyone in Hong Kong wants to fight me (Sleeping Dogs) or everyone in Gotham wants to fight me (Batman Arkham Origins).

In Sleeping Dogs I'm getting better at my martial arts and won a tournament that the game advised me not to play yet. Still no quite so good with the combat in Batman and Deathstroke cause me some issues.

Ohh, I'd forgotten about you getting Arkham Origins...

How much of an issue was Deathstroke? How many deaths was he responsible for (and indeed, how much swearing)?

On the flipside, how much are you loving the entirety of Gotham to play around in?
Mon 27/02/17 at 17:35
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
Currently, Deus Ex, Warhammer TW, Dishonored 2 all unfinished.

Plus, I now have Fallout 4 with the new Hi-res texture pack (all 54 Gb of it!), which I'm stumbling around in again going "Ooh! " and "Aah!" every time I pass a tree or rock or, particularly, a river. What a massive difference, the majority of the textures in game now pop instead of muddying up the closer you get.

Oddly, they do seem to have messed up some of the LOD textures, and particularly the way they load; not so much an issue with them "popping in" as more a case that some of them can't make up their mind whether they need to load or not.

Not that I have the means but I have no time for hi-res texture admiring. I have a popularity issue. It seems that everyone in Hong Kong wants to fight me (Sleeping Dogs) or everyone in Gotham wants to fight me (Batman Arkham Origins).

In Sleeping Dogs I'm getting better at my martial arts and won a tournament that the game advised me not to play yet. Still no quite so good with the combat in Batman and Deathstroke cause me some issues.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.