GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Game Chat Thread Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/16 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure we had one of these before, but as we've got nowhere else on the forums for general game chat, here it is....

Page:
Sat 08/07/17 at 13:38
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
Thanks for that chas. As mentioned, I verified the install and nothing was found to be 'missing'. At present I'm waiting for a fresh download to install :¬(

The 'sound' advice could be a solution but I'm not using an HDMI connection. I can see Nvidia HD audio listed under Audio devices, but they are greyed out with the comment not plugged in. The only one with a 'tick' is the Realtek HD Audio and it's working prefectly. Played another Steam game last night and sound was perfect.

I'll see what this fresh install produces.

You might still want to try the fix, as the exact same thing happened with Bioshock on MY PC (I have an AMD card instead, but Realtek HD Audio active same as you), and the fix worked for me on that occasion.
Sat 08/07/17 at 12:50
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks for that chas. As mentioned, I verified the install and nothing was found to be 'missing'. At present I'm waiting for a fresh download to install :¬(

The 'sound' advice could be a solution but I'm not using an HDMI connection. I can see Nvidia HD audio listed under Audio devices, but they are greyed out with the comment not plugged in. The only one with a 'tick' is the Realtek HD Audio and it's working prefectly. Played another Steam game last night and sound was perfect.

I'll see what this fresh install produces.
Sat 08/07/17 at 11:32
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
Dishonored 2?

Loved the original and have just installed Dishonored 2.

Game starts no problem, but no audio? Not a good sign when the game relies on 'sound'!
Verified Steam install and no problems detected?
Strange ... as every game I have plays with sound!
Getting a tad fed up with this and there does seem to be a problem according to Google ... but does anyone know of a fix?

I'd love to know.

Played this, didn't have any issues with sound. Installed directly, sound worked just fine...

I assume you are just using onboard sound from your mother board (sound cards are a bit redundant these days), so this should be running with just the normal Windows sound codecs, which, quite honestly, I've not had any issues with. Also seems to work fine with the sound output from my graphics card (I tested this thoroughly!), so unless you are using some other sound output, there shouldn't be any difference between your setup and mine, Pretty much leaves this as an install issue.

Try verifying the local files in Steam first, as this seems to be a common one with a straight Steam Install; sound files often tend to get "missed" by the install process, something that Steam really ought to fix...

Failing that, uninstall and download again; an absolute pain, but often the best way to clear a random issue like this.

You could also try running as administrator, just in case you have some resources blocked.

Also, might be relevant to you (you use NVidia graphics I believe?) is this little fix for much the same problem in Bioshock and several other games. I actually tried this on my son's system for a couple of things, and it worked a treat.
Thu 06/07/17 at 23:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Dishonored 2?

Loved the original and have just installed Dishonored 2.

Game starts no problem, but no audio? Not a good sign when the game relies on 'sound'!
Verified Steam install and no problems detected?
Strange ... as every game I have plays with sound!
Getting a tad fed up with this and there does seem to be a problem according to Google ... but does anyone know of a fix?

I'd love to know.
Tue 13/06/17 at 16:16
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Loved the start of the trailer, very unique.

Been waiting for this...
Mon 12/06/17 at 20:35
Regular
"And in last place.."

DL wrote:
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus ... Nov'17 ... looking good :¬)

Loved the start of the trailer, very unique.
Mon 12/06/17 at 20:23
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus ... Nov'17 ... looking good :¬)
Wed 31/05/17 at 14:12
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Well into my second run on Prey. I have found a ridiculous amount of stuff I missed the first time, including new ways into secret areas, new methods for bypassing security, new equipment caches, new crew members that I've managed to save this time...

Also managed to unlock a "Nightmare repellant"; the Nightmare is about as big and bad as you want to be facing, and it stalks you through the game. It can be killed, but it's a real struggle, so best avoided if at all possible (unless you have more ammo than you need...). My repellant has two uses, then it's gone...

This is so utterly, stupidly good fun!

Sun 28/05/17 at 18:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Is it just me or isn't the 'soldier dialogue' in Dead Effect 2 exactly the same as that in the entire Fear series?
Fri 26/05/17 at 16:09
Regular
"And in last place.."

pb wrote:
I'm in the same boat. I tried the preview trial a while back, it's good but just either no time or I've already got/played the good games.

I think I spent longer downloading games from the preview trial than I did playing them. One to keep an eye on but I do like the idea and the price is decent too.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.