GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Classic (and new) Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/12/06 at 11:23
"possibly impossible"
Mainly as Machie and I seem to spend half the time on the WLT chatting about Doctor Who...

Here's my current favourites;

Best Classic Episode: Genesis of the Daleks (Tom Baker)

Best Classic Doctor: Late 7th Doctor - when the stories got darker and the character really developed into something more than just a Timelord.

Best DVD: The Invasion

Best New Doctor Who Episode: Army of Ghosts / Doomsday
Page:
Mon 08/01/07 at 12:12
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> Funny you mention that pb because earlier I was remembering a
> Sylvester episode where a dalek was in a basement and of course
> the stairs stopped him from going after them. Well that's what
> we thought, suddenly he was flying :O

The stupid thing was that Daleks flew in the comic strips since the 1960's, and the plans for Dalek Invasion of Earth were that they would be using the hover platform things to come down from their mothership as well. It was only the budget restrictions and lack of effects that prevented the TV series from doing the same until that 80's episode. But it did make for a good cliffhanger.
Mon 08/01/07 at 13:06
Regular
Yes, quite a good cliffhanger =)

Genesis of the Daleks, isn't that guy from 'Allo 'Allo? Ah this one has Davros in, I was always scared of him =(
Tue 27/03/07 at 20:53
"possibly impossible"
Saturday. 7pm. It all starts again with Smith and Jones.

And all the clues point to the Master being the Doctor's biggest enemy yet. From the Lazerus episode to the episode entitled 'the last timelord' it does seem to indicate that another Timelord may still be around...
Tue 27/03/07 at 21:35
Regular
Cant wait =)

Still I'm not sure about this new girl, I think she was in the first series wasnt she? Hope she's good.

Looks like there'll be Daleks in this series too. Do you feel they're using the daleks as crutches for the series? I mean in the classic Dr Who, they were more spaced out.

I guess they had to pay a lot of money for them, so you cant blame the BBC for trying to get their moneys worth. Still even though I'm a Dalek fan, Dr Who isnt just about the Daleks. So I think I'll survive if the BBC dont pick up the license for a series or two after this.
Tue 27/03/07 at 21:48
"possibly impossible"
Well, they had to pay enough for the licence to use them, and they were in quite a few seasons of old Doctor Who (The only enemy to appear with every Doctor so far, including a cameo in the Paul Mcgann movie)

Oh, and Freema played a different character in the last series of Doctor Who, there is a link between the two characters too, you need to watch out for it being mentioned in Saturday's episode. From the description, her character reminds me a bit of Ace and a bit of Grace (from the movie)
Tue 27/03/07 at 22:05
Regular
Yes she reminds me a bit of Ace aswell. I was quite fond of Ace =) I'm sure she did childrens programs before though.

Okay a little Dr Who quiz now, though as I've hardly (re)seen all of it I doubt I could answer any questions.

Before the TV movie revived it. Who destroyed the Sonic Screwdriver?
Tue 27/03/07 at 22:18
"possibly impossible"
oh. That must have been a Peter Davison story. Just thinking. It was the story with the Baker Street fire (Great fire of London), but can't remember how it got destroyed.

Gah! I'll have to go watch that DVD again, now!
Tue 27/03/07 at 22:29
Regular
lol well you got the right Doctor and the right episode, just not the who and why bit ;)

Ah so the Great Fire of London was The Doctors fault was it? Should have known. :P

Do you think the same will happen with the new series? They need to find a balance where it isnt over used and isnt treated like a magic wand that will do anything and everything. It was written out of the Classic series because they felt the writers were getting lazy.
Wed 28/03/07 at 13:09
Regular
"8==="
This is still pre-watershed right?

I barely watch mainstream terrestrial channels anymore.
Fri 30/03/07 at 08:57
Regular
pb is it Saturday yet? I wanna watch it now! =(
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.