GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Classic (and new) Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/12/06 at 11:23
"possibly impossible"
Mainly as Machie and I seem to spend half the time on the WLT chatting about Doctor Who...

Here's my current favourites;

Best Classic Episode: Genesis of the Daleks (Tom Baker)

Best Classic Doctor: Late 7th Doctor - when the stories got darker and the character really developed into something more than just a Timelord.

Best DVD: The Invasion

Best New Doctor Who Episode: Army of Ghosts / Doomsday
Page:
Tue 02/01/07 at 23:49
Regular
*cough* Aw I was saying ^^ I didn't get to hear of the Sarah Jane Smith program until it was over. I had no idea they were doing a series for her. I like her :D I didn't know who she was when I first saw that episode. I didn't know if she really was an old assistant. But then I saw Tom Bakers series 13 and then Jon's series 11 series where she's introduced and already I'm smitten with her. =D

I hope it was good, I read that even since she left Dr Who she's been doing lots of other things, like audio books etc.
Tue 02/01/07 at 23:57
"possibly impossible"
Yeah, and it was good.

It'll appear in the next parcel, I expect, along with the Xmas one and the Doctor Who Confidential Xmas episode. I'm thinking of leaving a DVD on for the concert overnight tonight as well (it's on again tonight and tomorrow night on a constant loop).
Tue 02/01/07 at 23:59
Regular
Wow that's great I missed most of the concert and who wouldnt want to see the Christmas one again ^^ I quite enjoyed it. Though I am really looking forward to the next series. I don't suppose you know when that starts do you pb?
Wed 03/01/07 at 00:03
"possibly impossible"
No, just keep an eye on the official website, I guess. Mind you, it will be so heavily advertised.

Would you like to see old Doctors appear in the new series? They did it 3 times in the original series (not counting the non-canon specials like the Children In Need 3D one - i have a video of that).

Would be good if they had a good enough storyline, but I guess they feel they might lose too many new viewers if they get bogged down with Doctor Who history...
Wed 03/01/07 at 00:08
Regular
I wouldnt mind seeing old Doctors again, it would be nice for them too. Doesnt Tom Baker want to give it a try but as the Master?

Do you think we'll get a Master again in the next series?

Either I imagined it, but did they show clips at the end of the Christmas special of the new series? I think they ended it with a dalek. The daleks didnt use to be in every series did they? As much as I love the daleks I think they should space it out more. I wasnt too keen on the last dalek episodes because there were so many and well didnt last long, in and out of the episode pretty quick. Though I did love the idea of 4 daleks that had identities.

What creatures/enemies from the past can they bring back?
Wed 03/01/07 at 00:13
"possibly impossible"
Ice Warriors would be good. The Daleks weren't in each series, but they were in a story with all the Doctors, even Mcgann, so i guess it's the same. Might be nice to see the Nestine Conciousness and the Autons again, it was good to open the 9th Doctor's series with a nod to the first Pertwee episode, but they could have made the Autons more of a threat.

The Master would be fantastic (see my earlier post on that), Sontarans would also be good.
Wed 03/01/07 at 00:38
Regular
Some good choices there. Yes, as you probably know, I was watching a Sontaran story in series 11. I'd like to see their race come back. Though for a powerful race it doesnt take much to defeat them :S an arrow in the back of the neck.

I'd like for the Doctor to leave Earth. That tardis seems to be broken and is only traveling in time and not space :( (apart from outer).
Wed 03/01/07 at 13:15
"possibly impossible"
He got to the space station in the second episode and Bad Wolf episodes and to the Black Hole in the one with the Ood. But, yes, some external planet scenes would be nice.

Perhaps they couldn't find any quarrys to film on in Wales? :D
Thu 04/01/07 at 14:12
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I'm guessing you two are catching up on all the old Doctors :)

I used to watch this religiously. Episode that scared me most has to be The Arc in Space but I've only seen it once - it mightn't be quite as scary to me now :D

(and I've just spent a nice 45 mins running through memories on Wiki for that episode title)

Favourite side kicks have to be Sarah Jane, K9 and Tegan.

Favourite Doctor has to be Jon Pertwee.
Thu 04/01/07 at 14:46
"possibly impossible"
I think everyone likes Sarah Jane.

Despite the whole 80's-ness of it all, I loved Ace too.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.