GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Classic (and new) Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/12/06 at 11:23
"possibly impossible"
Mainly as Machie and I seem to spend half the time on the WLT chatting about Doctor Who...

Here's my current favourites;

Best Classic Episode: Genesis of the Daleks (Tom Baker)

Best Classic Doctor: Late 7th Doctor - when the stories got darker and the character really developed into something more than just a Timelord.

Best DVD: The Invasion

Best New Doctor Who Episode: Army of Ghosts / Doomsday
Page:
Fri 22/12/06 at 11:23
"possibly impossible"
Mainly as Machie and I seem to spend half the time on the WLT chatting about Doctor Who...

Here's my current favourites;

Best Classic Episode: Genesis of the Daleks (Tom Baker)

Best Classic Doctor: Late 7th Doctor - when the stories got darker and the character really developed into something more than just a Timelord.

Best DVD: The Invasion

Best New Doctor Who Episode: Army of Ghosts / Doomsday
Fri 22/12/06 at 11:42
Regular
My mother used to love Doctor Who and I guess that has been passed onto me. I never get to watch the christmas specials though :(
Fri 22/12/06 at 13:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Sylvester McCoy for the win.
Fri 22/12/06 at 14:04
Regular
"8==="
Very_Metal wrote:
> Sylvester McCoy for the win.
Sat 23/12/06 at 13:38
Regular
There's an Xmas special airing on BBC 1 or 2 on Christmas Day at 19.00
Sat 23/12/06 at 14:58
Regular
"Mooching around"
I know I'll be watching it :D
Mon 25/12/06 at 00:07
"possibly impossible"
tnc wrote:
> There's an Xmas special airing on BBC 1 or 2 on Christmas Day at
> 19.00

Not that the BBC have actually gone to any lengths to hide the fact!

There's also the Children In Need concert in full afterwards on the Interactive BBC site (Red Button).
Thu 28/12/06 at 12:27
Regular
He joked: �From the moment I accepted this job, everyone said, �When are you leaving?� A boy could get a complex!�

Well looks like he's lasted a little better than Christopher, 2 and half series. He wants to quit in the middle of series 4. That's a first isnt it pb?

How long did Tom Baker do it for? 7 years! That's as long as Colin, Sylvester, David and Christopher combined. We're running out of Doctors especially thanks to that silly 1996 one that I prefer we dont count.

10 Doctors gone, only 3 left? They want that Scottish bloke from Trainspotting to be him next. I'm not keen, but then I said that about David, still I can't see him sticking around for years. I wonder if we will ever get an older Doctor again. Have you noticed? They seem to get younger and younger with each regeneration, starting with the grey haired William Hartnel.
Fri 29/12/06 at 12:24
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> He joked: �From the moment I accepted this job, everyone
> said, �When are you leaving?� A boy could get a
> complex!�

>
> Well looks like he's lasted a little better than Christopher, 2
> and half series. He wants to quit in the middle of series 4.
> That's a first isnt it pb?

Yep, though I'm sure they'll convince him to stay till the end of the series, unless they do something completely different.

>
> How long did Tom Baker do it for? 7 years! That's as long as
> Colin, Sylvester, David and Christopher combined. We're running
> out of Doctors especially thanks to that silly 1996 one that I
> prefer we dont count.
>

I saw the Paul McGann one again the other day, it does get better the more you watch it and I think you appreciate Paul's Doctor more when you hear the audio adventures he did (and is still doing) for Big Finish. It makes you wish he'd done a whole TV series.

> 10 Doctors gone, only 3 left? They want that Scottish bloke from
> Trainspotting to be him next.

They always talk about famous actors then take someone who isn't so well known. They talked about having Eddie Izzard before Christopher became the Doctor, even Tom Baker thought he'd be good! They should get someone relatively new.

And they'll find a way to get past the 12 regeneration idea, after all The Doctor is more than a Timelord...
Mon 01/01/07 at 20:00
"possibly impossible"
That Sarah Jane Adventures was pretty good, probably even better than the Torchwood pilot. For a kid's programme it's pretty well written and acted too. Will have to tape the rest of the series if it's on earlier in the day.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.