GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Giving Blood"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/04/04 at 12:41
Regular
"SOUP!"
I was going to give blood today at college... but the 'Bloodmobile' (Presumably like the batmobile) couldn't reverse into the drive becase it was too big so we can to wait ages now. Gah.

Anyway it would've been the first time I'd have given blood because you cant donate younger than 17. A lot of people think it's particularly horrible to have blood sucked out of you but I think it's a pretty nice gesture. "Here sick bleeding dying person, have some blood!"

Thoughts on the matter?
Tue 20/04/04 at 12:41
Regular
"SOUP!"
I was going to give blood today at college... but the 'Bloodmobile' (Presumably like the batmobile) couldn't reverse into the drive becase it was too big so we can to wait ages now. Gah.

Anyway it would've been the first time I'd have given blood because you cant donate younger than 17. A lot of people think it's particularly horrible to have blood sucked out of you but I think it's a pretty nice gesture. "Here sick bleeding dying person, have some blood!"

Thoughts on the matter?
Tue 20/04/04 at 12:53
Regular
I gave blood once. Almost passed out because the nurse said it was all done and I turned my head round to see my precious blood gushing into a canister-type thing.

I'll do it if it's necessary, but I won't just go and give blood casually, like in my lunch break or something. There would have to be an emergency or something really important to get me back in the room with that needle.
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I can't. I'd like to, but I'm phobic about syringes. I have piercings, but for example last time I had to get blood taken from me at the docs (lump under arm) I saw him emptying the syringes into a large test tube and basically had a fit. Fainted and started twitching, the lot.
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:37
Regular
"Teal'c"
Giving bloods overrated.
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:43
Regular
I guess that a blood test isn't the same?

I've had about 10 of them bizzatchs
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:51
Regular
"SOUP!"
Yeah it's the same principle creepy - basically they take the blood from the same vein, only a bit more of it.

I think they take a pint.
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Paradox: wrote:
> I think they take a pint.

*hurp*

Even reading that and thinking about it made me light headed.
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Notable"
I'm sick of blood tests/vaccines/Heroin addiction.
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I would go, but i think im too short and too light to qualify.
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:54
Regular
I'm a fainter - I'd love to be able to give blood, but I went into a state of shock during a first aid course just talking about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.