GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Everbody remembers their first game."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/04/01 at 14:17
Regular
Everyone keeps talkin about the future of gaming, but why don't we pause and think about the olden days...

I can remember my first time playing like it was yesterday. It was for the sega master system2 called Alex Kid(i notice there is a guy about here with the same name).

We unpacked the box and out came the chunky black console, with the pause button situated on the console itself. I picked up the rectangle controller, with 2 buttons and dpad the only things had to worry about.

It got connected all up and then we turned it on. SEGA flashed on screen followed by ALEX KID in MIRICLE WORLD.
Excited, i pressed start and got underway.

Ahh what a great game it was... punching the dragons/birds/dinosaurs, avoiding the goasts that appeared when you hit a surpprise box, collecting money to buy a moterbike or helecopter, feeling good when you find the end of the level and tucking in to a great big burger. And the clasic music everbody who has played it will remember, it was all fantastic...

The best bit was the bosses, they were great. Come on, when have you seen bosses that can only be beaten by playing paper sissors stone?

Don't you think it's about time Sega made a new version on one of it's best game characters?

Anyway happy memories for me, and they started me off on a hobbie that i really enjoy.

What is your first experence playing a proper computer game?
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:40
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I did eventually! IT was a really hard game! The sctaeboard bit after that was hard too!
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:39
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Well i dont know anyone who got past it and i didnt get past it myself.
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:37
werent that hard!
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:36
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Did anyone ever get past the first level on the simpsons, u know where u had to spray every thing that was pink? It was a bloody hard first level!
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My first was Sensible Soccer and The Simpsons on the Amiga! ahhhh the memories!
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:33
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I downloaded chucky egg on my pc, it is cool.
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:32
Regular
"everyone says it"
i also remember Chuckie Egg and Jumpman (mario) on my BBC, also was my favorute PENGU.
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:31
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
the monkeys in the tree always get ya. The trick is to stay on the bike as long as you can.
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:31
Regular
"everyone says it"
first game, when I was 2 I had Mario Cement Factory, not a console game but a Game&Watch.
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:28
when i got it i found the forest level dang hard!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.