GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Everbody remembers their first game."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/04/01 at 14:17
Regular
Everyone keeps talkin about the future of gaming, but why don't we pause and think about the olden days...

I can remember my first time playing like it was yesterday. It was for the sega master system2 called Alex Kid(i notice there is a guy about here with the same name).

We unpacked the box and out came the chunky black console, with the pause button situated on the console itself. I picked up the rectangle controller, with 2 buttons and dpad the only things had to worry about.

It got connected all up and then we turned it on. SEGA flashed on screen followed by ALEX KID in MIRICLE WORLD.
Excited, i pressed start and got underway.

Ahh what a great game it was... punching the dragons/birds/dinosaurs, avoiding the goasts that appeared when you hit a surpprise box, collecting money to buy a moterbike or helecopter, feeling good when you find the end of the level and tucking in to a great big burger. And the clasic music everbody who has played it will remember, it was all fantastic...

The best bit was the bosses, they were great. Come on, when have you seen bosses that can only be beaten by playing paper sissors stone?

Don't you think it's about time Sega made a new version on one of it's best game characters?

Anyway happy memories for me, and they started me off on a hobbie that i really enjoy.

What is your first experence playing a proper computer game?
Sat 14/04/01 at 18:36
Regular
"Whatever!"
The first game I ever played was Harrier Attack on the Amstrad CPC 464. This was about as good as it got back in them days (about 15 years ago!!). Only 4 colours graced the screen at the time but nothing could match it for playability!!
Sat 14/04/01 at 18:14
Regular
Yawn....the topics are gettin worse and worse
Sat 14/04/01 at 17:59
Regular
When I was about 4 years old, I used to play Sonic the Hedgehog at Childrens World.

I loved that place...

It used to be right next to sainsbury's.

It's not there anymore. Pity really...
Sat 14/04/01 at 16:28
Regular
My first games were:
The simpsons- Amiga
The ugly duckling- Commador 64
Thomas the tank engine racing- amiga
Tetris- Gameboy
Worms- playstation
Zelda- N64
PC- The ginger breadman

Quazimodo
:-)
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:48
very good for its time
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:46
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Hard or not it was still very good.
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:44
the next level was hard didnt get any further than the 3rd...
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:43
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
So now your saying its was hard TW?
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:42
Regular
"everyone says it"
I have that game in my NES in my bedroom and I was playing it last night at 2:00am, I did the first level and you have to collect hats in the second!

wow. what a game,

**eat myy shorts**
Sat 14/04/01 at 14:42
yeh took me hours!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.