GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Everbody remembers their first game."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/04/01 at 14:17
Regular
Everyone keeps talkin about the future of gaming, but why don't we pause and think about the olden days...

I can remember my first time playing like it was yesterday. It was for the sega master system2 called Alex Kid(i notice there is a guy about here with the same name).

We unpacked the box and out came the chunky black console, with the pause button situated on the console itself. I picked up the rectangle controller, with 2 buttons and dpad the only things had to worry about.

It got connected all up and then we turned it on. SEGA flashed on screen followed by ALEX KID in MIRICLE WORLD.
Excited, i pressed start and got underway.

Ahh what a great game it was... punching the dragons/birds/dinosaurs, avoiding the goasts that appeared when you hit a surpprise box, collecting money to buy a moterbike or helecopter, feeling good when you find the end of the level and tucking in to a great big burger. And the clasic music everbody who has played it will remember, it was all fantastic...

The best bit was the bosses, they were great. Come on, when have you seen bosses that can only be beaten by playing paper sissors stone?

Don't you think it's about time Sega made a new version on one of it's best game characters?

Anyway happy memories for me, and they started me off on a hobbie that i really enjoy.

What is your first experence playing a proper computer game?
Sun 15/04/01 at 20:30
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
huh? what are u on about?
Sun 15/04/01 at 20:26
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I'm 14.
Sun 15/04/01 at 20:18
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
yeah, i remember that part
Sun 15/04/01 at 20:10
Regular
Mantis wrote:
> desert strike rocked too now that i think about it.

*i'm over here*

*Don't shoot*

*pluuugh
Sun 15/04/01 at 20:07
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
desert strike rocked too now that i think about it.
Sun 15/04/01 at 20:02
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The first proper console game I played was Golden Axe on the Sega Megadrive. It came bundled with it, so I didn't have a choice. I never liked the arcade version of it so wasn't looking forward too much to the console version, and the only joy I got out of it was the fact that I wasn't having to put in 10 pence everytime I played it.

My second ever game, Altered Beast wasn't much better, even at the time.

Mortal Kombat on the other hand, when it eventually got released, was a gaming revelation. It was this game, along with Sensible Soccer, John Madden '90 and Road Rash that really got me hooked into gaming.

The claws have yet to let go.
Sun 15/04/01 at 19:49
Regular
You wait and see Sheepy.
Sun 15/04/01 at 19:37
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Sniper wrote:
> Yawn....the topics are gettin worse and worse

You never post topics so lay off everyone! :P
Sun 15/04/01 at 10:03
how old are u cheese the m drive werent that long ago or did u recently find your gaming jeans!
Sun 15/04/01 at 10:02
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Aladian was my first ever game on the Megadrive. It has to be THE best disney game ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.