GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"best Gamezville moment EVER!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/04/04 at 08:51
Regular
"you've got a beard"
an old episode on Sky One right now, reviewing "The Great Escape" on PS2 (i think that's what it was on.. doesn't matter really)...

anyway, you know how they have game footage with them talking over the top??
well this just happened:

presenter: "just like to take a minute to talk about the AI in this game. the AI controls all the non player characters and will keep you on your toes, it really is some of the best AI in a game to date"

(i may have paraphrased slightly, but that's essentially the gist of it and he definately said it'd "keep you on your toes")

now, here's what happened on the screen as he said that:

player is crouched down outside a hut, no cover, no hiding, just crouching. a guard turned the corner and simply walked straight towards... and then past him.
i fail to see how not "seeing" an undisguised, unhidden player right infront of you constitutes decent AI :)
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
What i find quite ironic though is that when gaming was considered only something geeks and loners do we had great videogame shows that were informative, funny and worth watching. But now that playing videogames is acceptable in a 'cool' society we have absolutely no decent videogame shows out. (Cybernet was ok until they put it on at 3 in the morning and changed the voiceover to that bloody annoying American guy)

Of course the fact that playing videogames is now considered cool is probably the exact reason why today's gaming shows are a load of crap as they try to appeal to the tracksuit massiv'

Get Gamesmaster back with the golden joysticks, Diamond Diamond with his sarcastic dry wit and Patrick Moore mocking spotty teenagers and telling them where to go
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bleeders wrote:

> If your on Broadband, then check-out Consolevania.
>
> www.consolevania.com
>
> It's a video-game show out of Scotland. It's frickin' hilarious and
> the reviews are very good as well. Not to mention the legend, that is
> er, Legend.

I'll check it out later thanks when i've stopped downloading Battle Royale 2
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:42
Regular
"you've got a beard"
lalakersrule wrote:

> I'll check it out later thanks when i've stopped downloading Battle
> Royale 2

i'm getting those console shows now..
BR2 is awsome btw ;)
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Very_Metal wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
>
> I'll check it out later thanks when i've stopped downloading Battle
> Royale 2
>
> i'm getting those console shows now..
> BR2 is awsome btw ;)

Well if it's half as good as the first i'll be very happy. My friend in Japan gave it top marks though when i told her i was getting it so looking forward to seeing alot of death and violence this afternoon..........and then when i get back from town i'll watch BR2 :-D
Tue 20/04/04 at 14:40
Regular
"you've got a beard"
the collars have more of a kick to them this time and there's a couple of nice twists on the game that are pretty cool, but if you're expecting more of the same you'll be surprised. BR2 is a lot more political, not as much about the game.

still brilliant though
Tue 20/04/04 at 14:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i saw a trailer of it and there were a ton of army guys arriving on the island so i'm a bit worried the story will get lost and it'll turn into a mindless blast-a-thon
Tue 20/04/04 at 14:54
Regular
"you've got a beard"
well, it's a blast a thon in places, but it's anything but mindless.

now i'll say no more for fear of spoiling it for you, enjoy!
Tue 20/04/04 at 14:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'm sure i will, i love my japanese movies. Going to watch it later tonight now with all the lights off and sound turned up to make it that little bit more atmospheric
Tue 20/04/04 at 14:57
Regular
"8==="
Ju§t TinkŠ wrote:
> I've gotta catalogue and one of the Gamezville presenters is in it,
> modelling clothes.
>
> :S

Shocking.

Even more shocking is that you have the catalogue under your bed for 'special time'. ;D
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:05
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I'm sure i will, i love my japanese movies. Going to watch it later
> tonight now with all the lights off and sound turned up to make it
> that little bit more atmospheric.

Sorry guys, was disappointed with BR2 myself. I found the first-half of it fairly good going, but the second-half just didn't do anything for me. I can't see it being released in the West for reasons that will come apparent when you see it.

However, I would recommend Kitano 'Beat' Takeshi's Zaitoichi, which is a superb Samurai flick or the excellent Versus, which I'm sure some of you have already seen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.