GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"best Gamezville moment EVER!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/04/04 at 08:51
Regular
"you've got a beard"
an old episode on Sky One right now, reviewing "The Great Escape" on PS2 (i think that's what it was on.. doesn't matter really)...

anyway, you know how they have game footage with them talking over the top??
well this just happened:

presenter: "just like to take a minute to talk about the AI in this game. the AI controls all the non player characters and will keep you on your toes, it really is some of the best AI in a game to date"

(i may have paraphrased slightly, but that's essentially the gist of it and he definately said it'd "keep you on your toes")

now, here's what happened on the screen as he said that:

player is crouched down outside a hut, no cover, no hiding, just crouching. a guard turned the corner and simply walked straight towards... and then past him.
i fail to see how not "seeing" an undisguised, unhidden player right infront of you constitutes decent AI :)
Tue 20/04/04 at 08:51
Regular
"you've got a beard"
an old episode on Sky One right now, reviewing "The Great Escape" on PS2 (i think that's what it was on.. doesn't matter really)...

anyway, you know how they have game footage with them talking over the top??
well this just happened:

presenter: "just like to take a minute to talk about the AI in this game. the AI controls all the non player characters and will keep you on your toes, it really is some of the best AI in a game to date"

(i may have paraphrased slightly, but that's essentially the gist of it and he definately said it'd "keep you on your toes")

now, here's what happened on the screen as he said that:

player is crouched down outside a hut, no cover, no hiding, just crouching. a guard turned the corner and simply walked straight towards... and then past him.
i fail to see how not "seeing" an undisguised, unhidden player right infront of you constitutes decent AI :)
Tue 20/04/04 at 09:05
Regular
That's Gamezville for you :D
Tue 20/04/04 at 09:07
Regular
"Notable"
I've gotta catalogue and one of the Gamezville presenters is in it, modelling clothes.

:S
Tue 20/04/04 at 09:17
Regular
"you've got a beard"
*lmao*
i saw them when i (sadly) caught an episode of "the games" on E4, i was astounded someone, somewhere thought they deserved MORE work...
Tue 20/04/04 at 10:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The most shocking thing about this is they've actually taken time to discuss the AI of the game instead of saying *forget the gameplay, dem grafix are wicked ain't they man*
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:14
Regular
"you've got a beard"
never fear dude, for that was their next sentence.. almost word for word! *lol*
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea thought so :-D. Ah well one day we'll actually get a video games series that's actually somewhere near the class of Gamesmaster. Not holding my breath for it though
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:20
Regular
"Notable"
The guru or whatever his name is.....

*Shakes head*
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Yea thought so :-D. Ah well one day we'll actually get a video games
> series that's actually somewhere near the class of Gamesmaster. Not
> holding my breath for it though.

If your on Broadband, then check-out Consolevania.

www.consolevania.com

It's a video-game show out of Scotland. It's frickin' hilarious and the reviews are very good as well. Not to mention the legend, that is er, Legend.
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:35
Regular
"you've got a beard"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Yea thought so :-D. Ah well one day we'll actually get a video games
> series that's actually somewhere near the class of Gamesmaster. Not
> holding my breath for it though

yeah, the orginal and still the best, the repeats on Challenge tv were awsome :)
the balance needs to be right, people don't tune into video game shows for the "street"-ness or hugely unfunny segways (listening Ms. Berlin?), but for information. the audience that Gamezville is aimed at simply isn't watching, they're hanging around outside post offices dressed in blue tracksuits with 9 of them sharing a cigarette.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.