GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Far Cry any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Far Cry'.
Sun 20/03/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Just ordered it for a tenner from Play.com. It's always looked good, hope my laptop can run it ok.
Sun 20/03/05 at 13:29
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Far Cry is very good, it isn't as well coded as Half-Life 2, or even Doom 3 - So even if you have a 6800GT running the game with a 3.2 Ghz p4 and a Gig of RAM with all that - the game still jerks, because it's too good for its own good - ironically.

The graphics, as you know, are amazing and the A.I is revolutionary. If you've got a decent card in your PC, play it on High or VERY HIGH with AA on X4. If you can run it like that, you're in for a treat. Turn the sound up, too. It gets a little spooky in places - nice.

I wouldn't recommend playing it on Easy, because, while not a total walkover, it won't show off the AI and last as long as on Med or Hard. Also, have a look at The Project (Downloadable video-clip - available from www.gamershell.com) Probably Far Cry 2? From Crytek, anyway - so it's safe to say that it's the sort of quality they'll be putting into their next game.
Sun 20/03/05 at 13:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
P4 2.66GHz, 512RAM, GeForceFX5200 64Mb - I tried that Windows Game Advisor, and it scraped it, but then so did Halo and that ran like a horse with leprosy.
Sun 20/03/05 at 12:21
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Yup, gret fun. Closing levels are a little shot.

It's the only game the gf has went "ooooooooooo" at, but she's a holiday junkie.
Sun 20/03/05 at 12:13
Regular
"Captain to you."
If it can run it you've probably just got the best game you could ever get for £10, it's great fun and looks fantastic.
Sun 20/03/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Just ordered it for a tenner from Play.com. It's always looked good, hope my laptop can run it ok.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.