GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Far Cry any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Far Cry'.
Sun 20/03/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Just ordered it for a tenner from Play.com. It's always looked good, hope my laptop can run it ok.
Mon 21/03/05 at 23:23
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
There are lots of really good community made single player maps for this game. So theres lots to do after you finish the game. Currently the multiplayer is a bit pants but there are loads of mod teams who love the engine so expect some really good mods as well. Any shooter fan who has not got this game, get it cause it rocks.
Mon 21/03/05 at 18:55
Regular
"Hello, Mr Freeman!"
Yes, Far Cry is a really good game, and is still one of the best FPS's I've played. It is certainly up there with Half Life 2 and Doom 3,
Mon 21/03/05 at 14:22
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I must resist the urge to buy this game, I have too many other games to play through first :0|
Mon 21/03/05 at 10:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The last few chapters started to grate on me, until I realised the way to do it instead of blindly attacking from straight-on-charge style I usually do.

Superb game.
Made me upgrade my graphics card to the 9800pro and I'm glad I did.
Mon 21/03/05 at 07:47
Regular
"eat toast!"
far cry is a good game. But its ruined at the end with unfair numbers of mutants with high accuracy and rocket launchers. Oh and to make matters worse the final boss has a large number of elite soldiers just waiting for you assuming you survive long enough.
Sun 20/03/05 at 16:30
Regular
"Captain to you."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Game wrote:
> Far Cry is very good, it isn't as well coded as Half-Life 2, or even
> Doom 3 - So even if you have a 6800GT running the game with a 3.2
> Ghz
> p4 and a Gig of RAM with all that - the game still jerks, because
> it's too good for its own good - ironically.

It runs smooth on my p4 2.4 with geforce 4600ti on max everything.

farcry beautiful and brilliantly made.
Sun 20/03/05 at 15:12
"Uzi Lover"
Great game, but before you do anything - download the patch.

Worth a tenner? Hell yes.
Sun 20/03/05 at 13:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Game wrote:
> Far Cry is very good, it isn't as well coded as Half-Life 2, or even
> Doom 3 - So even if you have a 6800GT running the game with a 3.2 Ghz
> p4 and a Gig of RAM with all that - the game still jerks, because
> it's too good for its own good - ironically.

Rubbish. It was silky smooth on my 6800gt Golden sample, 1gb and athlon 64 3500.

Well, with the patch anyhoo :D
Sun 20/03/05 at 13:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It runs Half Life 2 on medium/low settings, and CS on medium/high settings, and I upgraded my drivers for that. And it's a laptop so I can't really do anything about the components. Might start building myself a decent gaming PC though.
Sun 20/03/05 at 13:33
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I have a similar system - I ran it on Medium.

Just a little note - the speed of your processor is fine, but you could really do with an extra 512 of RAM. It'll effectively double the speed of your PC and will do wonders to your performance of Far Cry. The graphics will never look their best unless you have one of the latest cards which very few of us, me included, do. But even with your card, and 1 Gig of RAM, it'll at least run smoothly on Medium - and that's not too shabby. Also - make sure you've updated your drivers fron www.nvidia.com!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.