GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Finding Nemo not funny"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/04/04 at 17:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I can see why this film was so successful at the cinema as it is a truly outstanding visual feast of colour and animation. Of course when people watched it at the cinema they didn't notice the lack of humour or decent characters. Thus when the DVD came out everyone thought that they had to own it. I bet many people watched it again and thought "not as good as I remembered".

I mean how funny were those sharks? Not very. Also their motto "fish are our friends" doesn't make sense. Sharks are fish too. The main adult fish (I've forgotten all the characters names already as they were so unmemorable) was voiced by that fat lad who got eaten in Jurassic park by the Spittsaurus and didn't suit his character (they usually look and reflect the persona of the voice actor playing them), and Nemo's female companion was just annoying. I know she was meant to be but she was too annoying.

Also I don't understand why they didn't have Nemo start off in a fish tank and end up in the Ocean...

The end scene WAS funny though.
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
"Neeewman" Ha, I love Seinfeld.

No one is questioning the animation in Finding Nemo - that was superb. The plot and characters were a bit weak though.
Fri 16/04/04 at 11:20
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Pandaemonium wrote:

> I can't wait for The Incredibles.

me either, that looked like it was going to be dynamite :)

i think the reason most pixar movies follow the same format is their affiliation with Disney. look at any disney movie and it's the usual sentimental stuff that's aimed at kids and that's been transferred to their pixar movies. making all the characters animals doesn't really interest me either, it's far too predictable now. Toy Story (1 and 2) were both fabulous, the choice of toys offered more chance for gags than animals (Woody waving Buzz's arm about for example) and the voice acting in Nemo didn't seem as committal as other pixar movies, none of the characters really made me care about them, no matter how many "looking-down-and-pouting expressions accompanied by the usual Randy Newman tweeness" scenes were included.

and the fat guy from Jurassic Park was the voice of the toy collector from Toy Story 2, but he wasn't in Nemo :)
Fri 16/04/04 at 11:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I liked it
Fri 16/04/04 at 11:02
Regular
Finding Nemo was excellent. Amazing animation and some truely funny and likeable characters.
Fri 16/04/04 at 10:48
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I laughed at Nemo... when I watched Monsters Inc. the other day and realised he was in that too... for a brief period...
Fri 16/04/04 at 10:44
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:

> And I'm sorry, but a review from somebody that confuses Albert Brooks
> with the fat bloke from Jurassic Park?...

Albert who? Never heard of him but I stand corrected (though the less scrupulous of people would be tempted to edit their original post).

The film just didn't seem to have the same depth and emotional involvement as Toy Story (when Buzz finds out he isn't a Space Ranger...) for example.
Fri 16/04/04 at 07:44
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
?!?!?!?!?!?

Personally, I grinned and laughed like a kid all the way through the movie. As I did with Monsters Inc, and as I did with both Toy Stories.

Even my girlfriend, who is NOT a pixar or animation lover, thought it was excellent.

I can't wait for The Incredibles.

"mine.....mine...........mine, minemine,MINE!,MINE!,MINE!,MINE!,MINE!"
Fri 16/04/04 at 02:34
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> You are all wrong.
> It's superb. The animation is astounding, the characters more rounded
> than in most "grown up" Hollywood films and it made me
> laugh a lot.
> Still does, and I've seen it a good few times.
>
> Plus, The Seagulls should get their own film.

Yea I agree with the Goat'cheese'boy :P
Those Seagulls made me laugh out loud.
Fri 16/04/04 at 01:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Just a tiny set of side-characters that stole the movie, unexpected and completely leftfield (like the aliens from Toy Story).
That sort of thing is why I love Pixar movies, imagination bursting out of them and don't need to resort to car-chases and generic cliches to entertain.
Warm characters that are well written, wittily observed moments and endless parodies from other movies (go watch The Birds to see why a film-geek laughed at The Seagulls).

And I'm sorry, but a review from somebody that confuses Albert Brooks with the fat bloke from Jurassic Park?...
Fri 16/04/04 at 00:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I dunno what everyone seems to see in the seagulls.

"Mine mine" WTF?!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.