GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Finding Nemo not funny"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/04/04 at 17:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I can see why this film was so successful at the cinema as it is a truly outstanding visual feast of colour and animation. Of course when people watched it at the cinema they didn't notice the lack of humour or decent characters. Thus when the DVD came out everyone thought that they had to own it. I bet many people watched it again and thought "not as good as I remembered".

I mean how funny were those sharks? Not very. Also their motto "fish are our friends" doesn't make sense. Sharks are fish too. The main adult fish (I've forgotten all the characters names already as they were so unmemorable) was voiced by that fat lad who got eaten in Jurassic park by the Spittsaurus and didn't suit his character (they usually look and reflect the persona of the voice actor playing them), and Nemo's female companion was just annoying. I know she was meant to be but she was too annoying.

Also I don't understand why they didn't have Nemo start off in a fish tank and end up in the Ocean...

The end scene WAS funny though.
Thu 15/04/04 at 17:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I can see why this film was so successful at the cinema as it is a truly outstanding visual feast of colour and animation. Of course when people watched it at the cinema they didn't notice the lack of humour or decent characters. Thus when the DVD came out everyone thought that they had to own it. I bet many people watched it again and thought "not as good as I remembered".

I mean how funny were those sharks? Not very. Also their motto "fish are our friends" doesn't make sense. Sharks are fish too. The main adult fish (I've forgotten all the characters names already as they were so unmemorable) was voiced by that fat lad who got eaten in Jurassic park by the Spittsaurus and didn't suit his character (they usually look and reflect the persona of the voice actor playing them), and Nemo's female companion was just annoying. I know she was meant to be but she was too annoying.

Also I don't understand why they didn't have Nemo start off in a fish tank and end up in the Ocean...

The end scene WAS funny though.
Thu 15/04/04 at 18:02
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
wait wait wait

Nemo's dad was NUMAN?????

edit: one trip to imdb later, no. Albert Brooks played him, and he wasn't in Jurassic Park.
Thu 15/04/04 at 18:04
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Nemo's dad was Albert Brooks, not fat Seinfield/Jurassic Park guy. I loved it. The kind of visual feast I adored as a kid.

Edit: Yes, thanks.
Thu 15/04/04 at 18:43
"period drama"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Nemo's dad was Albert Brooks,

Shame I missed that party.

I thought it was crap.
Woah, harsh.
But it was - I laughed ... maybe twice.
Thu 15/04/04 at 18:48
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
it's criminal that he's known as 'Jurassic Park guy' as opposed to NUMANNNNN
Thu 15/04/04 at 19:25
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Yeah, I thought it was carp, too.

(See what I did there?)
Thu 15/04/04 at 19:35
Regular
"you've got a beard"
*LMAO*

Timmargh rules...

i have to say i agree though, which almost got me lynched at uni (doing a degree in computer animation so saying it sucked was like saying i hoped they all caught AIDS). Just because it looked amazing didn't cover up the lack of interesting things that happened and the characters which really didn't develop well.

still, it WAS primarily for kids so it's fair enough to keep things simple...
Thu 15/04/04 at 19:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I got it on dvd as i missed it at the cinema, i was told it was quite a sad film, but i was more upset that i had paid money for such a gash film. I would have punted it to my mum for her birthday if she hadnt found out that i had bought it.
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:37
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Pixar films are getting old. The jokes are always the same, based around what the characters are (ie 99% of Nemo jokes are fish related - "I'm a clown fish" etc). And they're overly schmaltzy, as well. I wouldn't say they're bad films, but it just feels like I've seen it all before.
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, I didn't think it was too great either. There's one bit in the cinema that left me reeling (geddit?) for ages, but the rest was just average.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.