GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A question of morality"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/04/04 at 12:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
A theoretical scenario: it is possible to locate every person who has HIV/AIDS and kill them simultaneously. All you need to do is to press a button and HIV/AIDS will be eradicated from the planet, but you will be resonsible for killing many many millions. They of course will never be given the chance to receive more effective treatment or a cure in the future. What should you do?
Thu 15/04/04 at 16:25
Regular
"Light of the world"
Edgy wrote:
> If the people who have or are carrying the disease are sensible, I
> can't see a problem with them living their lives as long as they
> can.
>
> Life is too precious to just destroy.
>
> It is a shame that there are many who don't see it like that.

Thats how I see it
Thu 15/04/04 at 16:23
Regular
If the people who have or are carrying the disease are sensible, I can't see a problem with them living their lives as long as they can.

Life is too precious to just destroy.

It is a shame that there are many who don't see it like that.
Thu 15/04/04 at 16:20
Regular
"Light of the world"
Edgy wrote:
> It was reported on my local radio station as I was driving home from
> work once that some people, not realising how serious the disease is,
> were injecting themselves with it purposely with intent to get
> benefits.

well that is an obvious minority and stupid.

How are going to contract it?

By having unprotected sex making us as liable or by other means..

So the people that have it should die so any body who could be silly enough to open themselves up to it shall live pain free?
Thu 15/04/04 at 16:14
Regular
It was reported on my local radio station as I was driving home from work once that some people, not realising how serious the disease is, were injecting themselves with it purposely with intent to get benefits.
Thu 15/04/04 at 16:12
Regular
"Light of the world"
Flockhart wrote:
> Lil Ginge wrote:
> NO
> nooooooooooooooo
> why this thread man?
> WHY!?
> same could be said for any disease or infection ect! 'every one that
> suffers cancer could you please.....'
> or 'all those that have glandular fever!'
> whats the difference with AIDS!?
> I wouldnt no no
>
> Oh that was so clearly aimed at me, I said it because unlike cancer
> it isnt passed on through being careless, and both can be cured, aids
> is a recurring death sentance, one person gets it and passes it on,
> it needs to be stopped.

NO IT WASNT! Blimey! The fact is people can get all sorts of things, some are cntracted some are not.

Un protected sex is not the only way is can be transmitted and I do not think people should look upon it any differently than any other condition.

People dont ask for illness... it was not deliberatly self induced like Drugs or alcohol.. I jus think that because someone has it and it wont ever go away we should kill people who have it.

People contract all sorts of things some by accident some by silliness... a cold when you havent worn enough! When you sneeze a whole carriageway on a train could contract it but it doesnt mean I should be shot for not wearing my coat!

..in a sense

I see what you mean that others will get it. But a ruthless mass murder for the good of others is not on. Thats barbaric and against everything I stand for!
Thu 15/04/04 at 15:59
Regular
I think it would be a difficult one.

Sure, it would be excellent to have Aids wiped from existence, but is the cost just?
Thu 15/04/04 at 14:53
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
They are born with it because their parents transmit it to them when they are born. It does effect them and it shortens their life expectancy dramatically. I think it is possible though, if the mother takes certain drugs the risk of transmitting it can be minimised and the babies sometimes don't get it. The mother can't breast feed her child though because that'll give it HIV. It does effect the babies short lives a lot whether they contract it or have to grow up with a mother who has it.
Thu 15/04/04 at 14:47
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Can't some people be born HIV+?

It doesn't effect them, they just carry it. So, unless you take out the gene or whatever that causes it, killing off all those carrying/ suffering will do little good for the price.
Thu 15/04/04 at 14:10
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> NO
> nooooooooooooooo
> why this thread man?
> WHY!?
> I wouldnt no no

Oh that was so clearly aimed at me, I said it because unlike cancer it isnt passed on through being careless, and both can be cured, aids is a recurring death sentance, one person gets it and passes it on, it needs to be stopped.
Thu 15/04/04 at 13:42
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> NO
>
>
> nooooooooooooooo
>
>
> why this thread man?
>
> WHY!?
>
>
>
>

HIV is a sexually transmitted disease, cancer is not. Therefore if no one was able to transmitt the disease then there would (probably) be no more HIV and AIDS (1 in 4 people with HIV develop AIDS).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.