GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A question of morality"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/04/04 at 12:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
A theoretical scenario: it is possible to locate every person who has HIV/AIDS and kill them simultaneously. All you need to do is to press a button and HIV/AIDS will be eradicated from the planet, but you will be resonsible for killing many many millions. They of course will never be given the chance to receive more effective treatment or a cure in the future. What should you do?
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
A theoretical scenario: it is possible to locate every person who has HIV/AIDS and kill them simultaneously. All you need to do is to press a button and HIV/AIDS will be eradicated from the planet, but you will be resonsible for killing many many millions. They of course will never be given the chance to receive more effective treatment or a cure in the future. What should you do?
Thu 15/04/04 at 13:06
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I would round them up and find somewhere for them to go, away from the rest of the world.

(EDIT)What i have just said is crap, seriously think about it, and you will come to the same conclusion.
Thu 15/04/04 at 13:18
Regular
"Light of the world"
NO

nooooooooooooooo

why this thread man?

WHY!?

same could be said for any disease or infection ect! 'every one that suffers cancer could you please.....'

or 'all those that have glandular fever!'

whats the difference with AIDS!?

I wouldnt no no
Thu 15/04/04 at 13:29
Regular
"accidental superher"
the fact it's contagious and cannot be cured at all and will not recover over time
Thu 15/04/04 at 13:29
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
The title of this thread seems painfulyl ironic since it isn't a question of morality at all. In fact this is one of those questions that is best decided on facts not human emotions, ethics and morality. I would press the button yes because it would be for the greater good. No one can deny that and therefore I would do it. It would be a tragic loss of lives but to save so many more I believe it should be done despite it being morally despicable to me.
Thu 15/04/04 at 13:42
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> NO
>
>
> nooooooooooooooo
>
>
> why this thread man?
>
> WHY!?
>
> same could be said for any disease or infection ect! 'every one that
> suffers cancer could you please.....'
>
> or 'all those that have glandular fever!'
>
>
> whats the difference with AIDS!?

HIV is a sexually transmitted disease, cancer is not. Therefore if no one was able to transmitt the disease then there would (probably) be no more HIV and AIDS (1 in 4 people with HIV develop AIDS).
Thu 15/04/04 at 14:10
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> NO
> nooooooooooooooo
> why this thread man?
> WHY!?
> same could be said for any disease or infection ect! 'every one that
> suffers cancer could you please.....'
> or 'all those that have glandular fever!'
> whats the difference with AIDS!?
> I wouldnt no no

Oh that was so clearly aimed at me, I said it because unlike cancer it isnt passed on through being careless, and both can be cured, aids is a recurring death sentance, one person gets it and passes it on, it needs to be stopped.
Thu 15/04/04 at 14:47
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Can't some people be born HIV+?

It doesn't effect them, they just carry it. So, unless you take out the gene or whatever that causes it, killing off all those carrying/ suffering will do little good for the price.
Thu 15/04/04 at 14:53
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
They are born with it because their parents transmit it to them when they are born. It does effect them and it shortens their life expectancy dramatically. I think it is possible though, if the mother takes certain drugs the risk of transmitting it can be minimised and the babies sometimes don't get it. The mother can't breast feed her child though because that'll give it HIV. It does effect the babies short lives a lot whether they contract it or have to grow up with a mother who has it.
Thu 15/04/04 at 15:59
Regular
I think it would be a difficult one.

Sure, it would be excellent to have Aids wiped from existence, but is the cost just?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.