GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smoking: Is wrong?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/04/04 at 18:42
Regular
"56 000"
So many people smoke and you would expect people to learn from the health warnings. obviously its addictive but is it worth runing your life for a cigerrate or smoking drugs?
Sun 11/04/04 at 21:04
Regular
"Not a Jew"
You don't "die if you smoke a cigarrette". It is constant smoking that has ill effects. Did you know that the worlds oldest man smoked 20 + a day?
Don't be corrupted by those heatlh freaks on TV and newspapers.
I don't like people smoking in my face however, and it stinks. It is a bad habit.

Here is my advice on smoking cannabis though:
There is nothing wrong with a occasional social spliff

Follow at your own risk..
:]
Sun 11/04/04 at 20:34
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Been smoking since I was 12, now 28/9.

> Quinty wrote:
> I smoke occasionally but i have no intention of getting addicted.

Nicotine is THE most addictive drug on the planet, as well as the most deadly. The whole concept of "Occasional Smoking" doesn't lead to addicition is tripe.

It only takes 3 days for the craving for nicotine to leave the body, it's the psycological stuff attached to smoking thats the hardest bit to over come.

>Edgy
>I have no problem against others smoking as long as they respect that I >don't want to breathe their smoke.

Excellent comment. Although as long term smoker, I do respect the space and feelings of non smokers. It is MY choice to smoke and there fore I shouldn't be forcing others to do so just to fullfill my habit.
Sun 11/04/04 at 19:47
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Since my dad smokes I have a biased view on it, but in some respects I have become slightly a passive smoker. He has given it up, and whilst i dont't approve of smoking, im not going to go out of my way to stop other people doing it, its their choice.
Sun 11/04/04 at 19:41
Regular
nicotine is just a different type of drug.

sure it doesn't give you hallucinations, euphoria and a sense of well being, but it is a stimulant, as is caffeine and alcohol.

as these are taxable, they are considered acceptable. cannabis smokers are shunned by the media, even though the use of cannabis is in my experience, almost used as much as alcohol. alcohol soaks up millions of pounds every week with policing of town centres, healthcare and crime committed by those under the influence. alcohol isn't banned though.

you may argue that alcohol doesn't damage none-drinkers health. well, it does if someone runs you over, smashes a bottle over your head, or does some other ludicrous activity that threatens your life.

the government are hyprocrits. it's like one hand can't see what the other is doing. police are getting tougher on alcohol crimes, we are trying to avoid it causing problems by having more police in town centres. but pubs are still free to serve ridiculous amounts of alcohol to people, and shirk the responsibility of releasing thousands of very drunk people into a town, come closing time.

it's pathetic, it really is. the rules change for each drug that is considered.
Sun 11/04/04 at 19:40
Regular
You never get cravings because you smoke regularly. Stop altogether for long enough and you will.
Sun 11/04/04 at 19:33
Regular
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Quinty wrote:
>
> The two things are very, very different. not a good idea to
> catagorise the two in the same manner.
>
> I'd be interested to know why.

Possibly in my naivity i've always classed drugs as more harmful than cigarettes - not just in a physcial sense but also mental.

>
> ha ha. I suppose most smokers intended to get addicted then?

Yeah i take your point - it was badly phrased.

I meant i won't smoke more than i do currently (i never get cravings) so i wont get addicted (thats the ideal anyway).
Sun 11/04/04 at 19:29
"Genius!"
I dont mind if they smoke, as long as they ban smoking in pubs so other people dont have to breathe in the smoke.
Sun 11/04/04 at 19:27
Regular
Quinty wrote:

> The two things are very, very different. not a good idea to
> catagorise the two in the same manner.

I'd be interested to know why.

ha ha. I suppose most smokers intended to get addicted then?
Sun 11/04/04 at 19:24
Regular
Whats the script! wrote:
> Ok if the topic is more along the lines of
> IS IT WORTH RUINING YOUR LIFE OVER A CIGERRATE OR DRUGS?

The two things are very, very different. not a good idea to catagorise the two in the same manner.

It doesn't neccessarily ruin your life. It's all about choice really. I smoke occasionally but i have no intention of getting addicted.
Sun 11/04/04 at 19:23
Regular
I have no problem against others smoking as long as they respect that I don't want to breathe their smoke.

It's up to them if they want to kill themselves.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.