GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splitters Future Perfect"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect'.
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Mine came earlier, just been playing it until it crashed my Cube (which hasn't happend in about a year, but never mind).

Very weird to play this after Resi 4, I don't think you couldn't get two shooting games any more different from each other.

So far:

+ Lots of humour and little touches which made me smile
+ More Captain Ash
+ Looks and sounds alot better with alot more speech
+ The stats & character gallery are back, with some old favourites
+ Intimidatingly huge amount of Challenges etc. to do
+ Doesn't look like EA have messed around with FRD's game.

- Couple of framerate slowdowns
- Pathetically weak and short opening level (the demo level)
- I seem to be crap at Arcade league.

The opening Story Level is a let down, specially since the beginning of TSP2 threw you into the sublime Siberia level. But the next level is far better. And has Captain Ash who is hilarious :)

Oh, and in the extras section you can see the credits, which has Cortez going all Saturday Night Fever on a mirror-balled dance floor. The sign on the wall says "The Big Tipper". :D
Page:
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:17
Regular
": ("
The-IronFlame wrote:
> Lol I tried the second mission last night I used that Second Sight
> type weapon to pick up a missle to blow a door and I accidently threw
> it at a wall and damaged myself.

Thats what I did...and I didn't just do it once, I did it about 5 times.

:(
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:32
Regular
Sorry I meant the third level :p
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:43
Regular
"kill my enemys"
Im trading in Metroid Prime 2 Echoes for Future Perfect.Obviously won't get a straight swap so it'll cost me some.
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:45
Regular
I love the return of the 'TS only' insane characters - such as the Zombie Cow Carcass. Quite a few additional 'perks' - such as killing people in the Jeep and listening to the hilarious quotes on the select a character screen.

The story mode is quite good, been concentrating on the Challenge section more and, as a result, haven't got very far. Opening level weak but most of the gags are surprisingly funny. I like the Temporal Uplink as it allows you to pick up objects, Half Life 2 style. (The best example being be-heading a zombie then using the head to kill another :D )
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:58
Regular
killer101 wrote:
> Im trading in Metroid Prime 2 Echoes for Future Perfect.Obviously
> won't get a straight swap so it'll cost me some.

I'm trading that in next week for Baten Kaitos I would think I would get around £20 for it being in pretty good condition.
Fri 25/03/05 at 23:04
Regular
"0228"
The more I play this game the better it seems to get. I'm loving the story mode and I like the addition of regular speech, the jokes actually make me laugh as well which I don't think has happened since Conker's Bad Fur Day. At first, I thought this was much worse than TS2 but now I'm not so sure.
Fri 25/03/05 at 23:06
"period drama"
Argh, Baten Kaitos as well.
My bank account got shot in the fase just a few hours ago.
Sat 26/03/05 at 11:07
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
chrizz wrote:

> i could head butt the computer but i wont coz it would hurt

I'm not too sure about that.
Sat 26/03/05 at 11:42
Regular
Future Perfect pwons Timesplitters 2.

The level design on both the story mode and the Arcade mode is miles better. I've not played all the levels, but so far all the deathmatch levels I have tried have been excellent, where as TS2 had a couple of stand out levels, quite a few crap ones and a few okay ones.

Oh and online it's godly, you people really are missing out. 16 player rockets match on the disco level is unspeakably excellent!

Completed the story mode last night on medium, took me about 9 hours I think. It's quite short but it never gets boring unlike TS2, even the robot level are a hell of a lot of fun.
Sat 26/03/05 at 11:53
Regular
"0228"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Completed the story mode last night on medium, took me about 9 hours
> I think. It's quite short but it never gets boring unlike TS2, even
> the robot level are a hell of a lot of fun.

How the hell do you kill the boss at the end of 'What lies below'? It keeps eating Jo-Beth before I have time to destroy the canister.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.