GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splitters Future Perfect"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect'.
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Mine came earlier, just been playing it until it crashed my Cube (which hasn't happend in about a year, but never mind).

Very weird to play this after Resi 4, I don't think you couldn't get two shooting games any more different from each other.

So far:

+ Lots of humour and little touches which made me smile
+ More Captain Ash
+ Looks and sounds alot better with alot more speech
+ The stats & character gallery are back, with some old favourites
+ Intimidatingly huge amount of Challenges etc. to do
+ Doesn't look like EA have messed around with FRD's game.

- Couple of framerate slowdowns
- Pathetically weak and short opening level (the demo level)
- I seem to be crap at Arcade league.

The opening Story Level is a let down, specially since the beginning of TSP2 threw you into the sublime Siberia level. But the next level is far better. And has Captain Ash who is hilarious :)

Oh, and in the extras section you can see the credits, which has Cortez going all Saturday Night Fever on a mirror-balled dance floor. The sign on the wall says "The Big Tipper". :D
Page:
Fri 25/03/05 at 17:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
If you have any sense, get an XBOX and Live.
Fri 25/03/05 at 17:37
Regular
"8==="
Sacrifices must be made!

Sell them both and get an xbox with live just for TS3.

Trust me.
Fri 25/03/05 at 17:58
Regular
"kill my enemys"
No.Hate XBOX's but xbox live is amazing.I'll buy splitters for gamecube and xbox.My cousin has an xbox live so i'll go round there.
Fri 25/03/05 at 18:00
Regular
"8==="
So you hate xbox's but like xbox live and will be purchasing an xbox version of TS3...?

O...K.a.a.a.y....
Fri 25/03/05 at 18:10
Regular
"kill my enemys"
Hedfix wrote:
> So you hate xbox's but like xbox live and will be purchasing an xbox
> version of TS3...?
>
> O...K.a.a.a.y....

So i can play it round my cousins......
Fri 25/03/05 at 18:20
Regular
"8==="
But why would you want to if you hate xbox's?
Fri 25/03/05 at 18:28
Regular
"kill my enemys"
I don't like the look of them.
Fri 25/03/05 at 18:59
Regular
": ("
Everyone hush.

I am stuck on that level where you have to hotwire some missile thing and don't know what to do, help?
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:02
Regular
Lol I tried the second mission last night I used that Second Sight type weapon to pick up a missle to blow a door and I accidently threw it at a wall and damaged myself.
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:09
Regular
So this arrived this morning.
I completed the story mode.

It's better than TS2's storyline, and I like the levels more, but it's way too short (I've only been playing it for about 4 hours, but then again, it was only on easy mode).

It's crashed twice, once fo rno apparant reason and I had to start the level all over again (and it was near the end), and once I fell through the floor, and floated in the sky, but I was killed by something so I started back at the checkpoint.

Some of the jokes are funny, others horrendous, but I'm loving the game.

Getting a feeling it's not quite as good as TS2, but it's near it.

It took me ages to find the miniguns warm-up thing, because of course, Z doesn't do it now (If you don't know, you push up on the d-pad).

Anyway, some newgood guns, some new bad guns, some no more good gones, some no more bad guns.

It sort of evens itself out, but the Streets level is gone, which was by far one of the best.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.