GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need to be more talkative damn it!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/04/04 at 23:19
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I think I have a great relationship with X. Personally I could just sit and hug X for years just in silence. However I never have anything to say and since I can't always be doing that...and more...there are some awkward silences. I am getting better talking to X but it's still not good enough. I don't understand it myself. I am normally quite a sociable guy. Just last Saturday at my cinema group I talked for hours with this girl and her mate and we ended up going into town after and I am meeting her again later. Why is it I find no trouble talking to her but I do with X? Well actually...I don't care why, I just want to know HOW I can be more sociable. I don't want to ruin our relationship because I barely have anything to say.

I think the main problems are that:
>X is 4 and 3/4 years older than me so we are both at completely different stages in our lives with little in common and little room for overlap
>We have had very few experiences together to talk about because of this. For example I love to hear all these stories X tells me about past jobs and stuff but I haven't even had a job. Other stories outside of work are good to talk about too but i am in none of them and haven't really gone anywhere or done anythign with X before story worth.
>We have no friends in common
>We never really go anywhere with a purpose. Never really go anywhere that'd direct the conversation a certain way or would allow us to do something really memorable that we could talk about later. Ok we went to the cinema today to see Starsky And Hutch before doing the deed which helped a little but normally we are just walking through Edinburgh until we find somewhere to get busy and seriously we have VERY LITTLE to talk about.
>We can't meet up at X's house just to muck about and have a laugh as X's boyfriend is there and it's bloody miles away.

I think the answer is to do more activities with X like going out drinking more often and going places just for a laugh, doing things just for a laugh. Neither of us are exactly rich though, especially not me considering I'm a pennyless student so that could be very hard. Until then though I really need some help becoming a better conversationalist. If you've read the whole post you'll see the problems and be able to help...hopefully. Thanks in advance all!
Page:
Sun 11/04/04 at 11:08
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Cub!st wrote:
>
>
> Heh that's just like when some people at my school started a
> petition
> to get me expelled. I don't think it ever reached the head mistress
> though.
>
> Oh this is brilliant!
>
> Not only are you telling us about your failing relationship with
> steve, you're telling us you're hated off the forums too!

He is definately hated off the forums. He has about one friend at school. And most of the time he ends up walking home alone as nobody wants to talk to him.
Sun 11/04/04 at 10:57
Regular
Yay, another thread with X in it!

Cub!st wrote:
> I think I have a great relationship with X.

How, if you have nothing to talk about it cant be that great.

Cubist identified some problems:
> I think the main problems are that:
> >X is 4 and 3/4 years older than me so we are both at completely
> different stages in our lives with little in common and little room
> for overlap

So it will never work out, ever.

> >We have no friends in common

Well you only have one friend anyway.

Another of Cub!sts problems:
> >We never really go anywhere with a purpose. Never really go
> anywhere that'd direct the conversation a certain way or would allow
> us to do something really memorable that we could talk about later.
> Ok we went to the cinema today to see Starsky And Hutch before doing
> the deed which helped a little but normally we are just walking
> through Edinburgh until we find somewhere to get busy and seriously
> we have VERY LITTLE to talk about.

A little less conversation a little more action then?

The last of Cub!sts problems:
>X is actually a man.

Told you so.

> I think the answer is to do more activities with X like going out
> drinking more often and going places just for a laugh, doing things
> just for a laugh. Neither of us are exactly rich though, especially
> not me considering I'm a pennyless student so that could be very
> hard. Until then though I really need some help becoming a better
> conversationalist. If you've read the whole post you'll see the
> problems and be able to help...hopefully. Thanks in advance all!

Why dont you start a conversation about posting all this on the net.
"Hey, X, I went to this forum and posted everything we'd done together, but the other members werent too impressed. I was very upset, and they still werent impressed when I posted about us on the hill. Some people you can never please. But they are helping me find things to talk to you about so it will be alright in the end. Oh, but they know you are actually a man"

Then see what she says about that.
Sun 11/04/04 at 01:27
Regular
"tokyo police club"
i'm so glad that I haven't got involved with this.

It's smacktards like Cubist that make me hate this world.

And do go on this 'woo, I rule because people hate me' trip. This is what losers/goths say to themselves to make themselves feel okay. You're obviously a fool, who's being used by 'x' fellow.
Sun 11/04/04 at 01:20
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Wibble.
Sun 11/04/04 at 01:19
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
don rocco wrote:
> I bet you started sounding off to your super 1337 college retards
> about it afterwards.

Ok I was going to bed but saw this and it was so wrong it made me laugh so I felt the need to straighten it out before I go to sleep.

Firstly this happened when I was like 12 so I didn't even know them yet. Secondly they go to Uni not College. Thirdly, I'd hardly call anyone who goes to uni a retard and finally I amn't the one making a big deal about it. I said it once and people keep bringing it up in conversation. Like in this thread for example. Go back far enough and you'll see I didn't start talking about that incident again. Someone else did.
Sun 11/04/04 at 01:18
Regular
Cub!st is no ordinary 16 year old.

He's made of wax!
Sun 11/04/04 at 01:17
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Edgy wrote:
> I suppose you could say Cub!st is quite fond of his X-box...

Surely the hole in the disc tray is too small! :P
Sun 11/04/04 at 01:16
Regular
"Notable"
Well the Xbox is still in it's infancy and it's older than Cubist....
Sun 11/04/04 at 01:16
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
don rocco wrote:
> Cub!st wrote:
> I didn't intentionally hide it. It fell out his pocket. Lay on the
> ground by the seat he was sitting on. He had about twenty minutes to
> find it and he didn't even see it when he got up. I just didn't
> point
> out he'd lost his money.
>
> I bet you started sounding off to your super 1337 college retards
> about it afterwards.

Farting? :D
Sun 11/04/04 at 01:15
Regular
I suppose you could say Cub!st is quite fond of his X-box...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.