GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum Moderators"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/09/09 at 17:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
As you all know by now it is always our aim to improve the forums and one of the steps I am taking to this aim is to get the moderating team into the mix a bit more helping out and generating a bit of traffic for the relevant sections.

So shortly you should notice a quick shuffle up of moderators and 1 moderator per section (some may continue to have 2 if needed).

Some examples of our aim here is to allow users the chance to help the site along, and take a more active role in the running of the site.

I will need some more volunteers however (1 or 2 new ones). So what I'm going to do is ask people to apply if they want to help me out as part of the forums moderating team. If you want to apply please visit APPLY NOW

Any questions ask away, and if you are very interested in helping, my contact can be used under my name as always :D
Sat 06/02/10 at 18:16
Regular
I haven't recieved an email either. Can you resend it please?

My traffic increasing idea for GC was the QOTD, we take turn asking a question each day. It can be about something in the news or something random like what do you eat for breakfast.
Sat 06/02/10 at 17:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> NB. Warhunt - best to use BCC (blind carbon copy) I remember
> being able to see everyone else's email address from your last
> email! ...anything to reduce spam and stay safe...

Best check WH else you'll be in bother :-))
Sat 06/02/10 at 17:41
"Are you sure?"
HM wrote:
> I might be jumping the gun, but haven't had an e-mail either.

Glad it wasn't just me! :¬)

Warhunt may be waiting for his replies for quite a while if his email is stuck on his Outbox!

NB. Warhunt - best to use BCC (blind carbon copy) I remember being able to see everyone else's email address from your last email! ...anything to reduce spam and stay safe...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 06/02/10 at 17:20
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Same question as Hmmm, have we been sent any new emails? If so, i
> haven't recieved any :S

I might be jumping the gun, but haven't had an e-mail either.

Still working on increasing traffic ideas though!
Sat 06/02/10 at 10:10
Regular
"How Ironic"
Same question as Hmmm, have we been sent any new emails? If so, i haven't recieved any :S
Fri 05/02/10 at 22:45
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Machie wrote:
> Congratulations Jason. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you
> have planned for us on GC.

Thanks Machie.

> Now you can use a signature for your website.

How? It would be nice to gain a few more links, but at the moment nothing to direct them to. Plus don't want to start abusing my power on the first night now do I? :p
Fri 05/02/10 at 21:59
Regular
Congratulations Jason. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you have planned for us on GC.

Now you can use a signature for your website.

HM wrote:
> Thanks everyone...just noticed the colour change :p
>
> Any general chat things that needs a moderatin' give me a shout.
> Or pb. He's more experienced than me :p
>
> But glad to be part of the team!
> [s]Hippyman[/s]
Fri 05/02/10 at 21:16
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks everyone...just noticed the colour change :p

Any general chat things that needs a moderatin' give me a shout. Or pb. He's more experienced than me :p

But glad to be part of the team!
Fri 05/02/10 at 19:27
Regular
"I like turtles"
Nice one,I'm sure Jason will make an excellent mod.
Fri 05/02/10 at 19:06
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Should hopefully be receiving some comments on how the last 2
> weeks have gone as for the increasing traffic ideas I sent out in
> emails. Just let me know what you are doing etc.

Hi Warhunt,
Just to let you know I haven't received any emails from you?

Also, please remember I'm also happy to stand down as a moderator to let others have a go.

I'm happy to 'block' dodgy posts (which I think you mentioned the staff can handle) but must admit I'm a little bit at a loss to what a moderators' roll is nowadays? ;¬)

Obviously if I'm missing emails then that might explain things.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.