GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum Moderators"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/09/09 at 17:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
As you all know by now it is always our aim to improve the forums and one of the steps I am taking to this aim is to get the moderating team into the mix a bit more helping out and generating a bit of traffic for the relevant sections.

So shortly you should notice a quick shuffle up of moderators and 1 moderator per section (some may continue to have 2 if needed).

Some examples of our aim here is to allow users the chance to help the site along, and take a more active role in the running of the site.

I will need some more volunteers however (1 or 2 new ones). So what I'm going to do is ask people to apply if they want to help me out as part of the forums moderating team. If you want to apply please visit APPLY NOW

Any questions ask away, and if you are very interested in helping, my contact can be used under my name as always :D
Mon 08/02/10 at 17:29
"Are you sure?"
I've signed up numerous people to Freeola Broadband if that helps :¬P

Many moons ago - I was approached by Freeola (DC) about a VIP scheme that was being introduced to be an incentive to help sign up more people and offer a reward for current people.

It all sounded good - unfortunately nothing came of it and 'DC' moved on. Quite a number of providers offer an affiliate type scheme. Perhaps this is something you could look into again? :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 08/02/10 at 16:43
"possibly impossible"
Warhunt wrote:
> You could be helpful by dragging users here kicking and screaming
> from other forums :D

I managed 2 so far! Though Altaranga's gone missing from the forum (come back!).

I'll remind him.
Mon 08/02/10 at 16:28
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
You could be helpful by dragging users here kicking and screaming from other forums :D
Mon 08/02/10 at 16:18
Regular
"THFC"
...... What!?!?

I thought i was on £30,000 a year + benefits!

lol, well i mean if you think maybe the mods could be helping more in a certain area just shout and ill either reply with two words, or be helpful : D

Simples!
Mon 08/02/10 at 15:56
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
You can't slack :D I'm not paying you here ;)
Mon 08/02/10 at 15:03
Regular
"THFC"
Hello!

I have edited a few posts to help people out on some topics, running the football thread to try keep people interested and posting as much as possible.

It would be an idea to create a topic about generating new people / traffic. Not sure if there is an ideal way to go about this (mods only or everybody etc)

If there are any tasks that you feel i have been "slacking" or could be helping more with just let me know. Always happy to try help : D
Mon 08/02/10 at 14:00
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
That was the last one mate :D

Nothing more from you as such. I think I explained in the email about the Technical Mods didn't I?

In short though, I'm happy as it is, and it's not really "my" area.
Mon 08/02/10 at 13:52
"Are you sure?"
Hi Warhunt,
The last (moderator) email I've had from you was on the 10th Jan "Freeola Moderator Changes".

If you are waiting for anything from me please let me know, or resend the email if you've written since.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 08/02/10 at 13:11
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
You all got standard emails the last time I sent them (just before applying the moderator status of our new mods). Each one varied depending on the certain roles you have etc.

I think some of you commented on the idea of implementing a "mod only" forum, so you must have received that one.

The last comment I made in here was just waiting for emails from Sonic and Emmie to see how they are getting on. Whether they have managed to do any of the "mod jobs" ;)

And I use your forum email address Hmmm... which you have replied to me on so I'm sure it's the right one. I'll bear the BCC in mind.
Sat 06/02/10 at 19:57
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Machie wrote:
> I haven't recieved an email either. Can you resend it please?
>
> My traffic increasing idea for GC was the QOTD, we take turn
> asking a question each day. It can be about something in the news
> or something random like what do you eat for breakfast.

I actually liked this idea. Did get people posting! I will now have to think of one :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.