GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum Moderators"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/09/09 at 17:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
As you all know by now it is always our aim to improve the forums and one of the steps I am taking to this aim is to get the moderating team into the mix a bit more helping out and generating a bit of traffic for the relevant sections.

So shortly you should notice a quick shuffle up of moderators and 1 moderator per section (some may continue to have 2 if needed).

Some examples of our aim here is to allow users the chance to help the site along, and take a more active role in the running of the site.

I will need some more volunteers however (1 or 2 new ones). So what I'm going to do is ask people to apply if they want to help me out as part of the forums moderating team. If you want to apply please visit APPLY NOW

Any questions ask away, and if you are very interested in helping, my contact can be used under my name as always :D
Tue 22/09/09 at 17:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
As you all know by now it is always our aim to improve the forums and one of the steps I am taking to this aim is to get the moderating team into the mix a bit more helping out and generating a bit of traffic for the relevant sections.

So shortly you should notice a quick shuffle up of moderators and 1 moderator per section (some may continue to have 2 if needed).

Some examples of our aim here is to allow users the chance to help the site along, and take a more active role in the running of the site.

I will need some more volunteers however (1 or 2 new ones). So what I'm going to do is ask people to apply if they want to help me out as part of the forums moderating team. If you want to apply please visit APPLY NOW

Any questions ask away, and if you are very interested in helping, my contact can be used under my name as always :D
Tue 22/09/09 at 19:09
Regular
I have a few questions.

1. Is it a paying job?
2. Do we get a staff discount?
3. Will we get an invitation to the staff christmas party?
4. Do we get access to the super secret forum that only staffies can see?
5. Can we mention it on our CVs and get a reference?
6. Are we allowed to give yellow card warnings?
7. If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does that mean Pi is exactly 3?
8. Do we get a Freeola staff tshirt with our names on the back?
9. Will we get a private message link under our names so we can be contacted when someone is spamming the forum at 2am?
10. Will you give us the power to close threads so we can ALWAYS have the last word and be all like "Oi!!!!! This thread is suppose to be about Sarah Beenys rack, not the economic grow of French Polynesia!!!!!11 ~~** THREAD CLOSED **~~"
11. To encourage activity in our designated forum, can we suggest a prize winning competition for your consideration?
Tue 22/09/09 at 19:45
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
1. No.
2. No
3. Haha maybe
4. Is there such a thing?
5. If you really want :S
6. You will give warnings yes
7. Pi is exactly 3 if Warhunt decides it is, if he says it's 6.8899 then moderators have to agree :)
8. When we do, I'll think about it
9. I believe so yes
10. That is kind of the point of moderating 0_o
11. Definately yes. Within reason.
Tue 22/09/09 at 20:06
Regular
"I like turtles"
I have actually met Sarah Beeny and to be honest I didn't even notice her rack.She was quite miserable TBH,maybe that was why ?,she was obviously thinking I have done up how many houses and made how thousands of pounds and pete hasn't even bothered to notice my rack ! :D
Tue 22/09/09 at 20:20
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'm sure she was gutted pete xD I think you should moderate a seperate bargain's section personally ;D
Tue 22/09/09 at 20:46
Regular
There's a lot of good people here who'd make great moderators. Dragonlance gets my vote if he wants it. Nin too.
Tue 22/09/09 at 21:27
Regular
I miss being a moderator, being forum pimp just doesn't cut it sometimes.
Wed 23/09/09 at 00:45
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pete_21 wrote:
> I have actually met Sarah Beeny and to be honest I didn't even
> notice her rack.

I can only assume you didn't notice because you got mysteriously poked in the eyes somehow and blinded.
Wed 23/09/09 at 07:22
Regular
"I like turtles"
Nin wrote:
pete_21 wrote:
I have actually met Sarah Beeny and to be honest I didn't even
notice her rack.

I can only assume you didn't notice because you got mysteriously poked in the eyes somehow and blinded.

Ha !,Yeah I've no idea how the hell I missed those ?!? :S

On second thought perhaps she wasn't being miserable,maybe they were just weighing the sides of her face down ! :D

This is the greatest off top discussion ever ! :)
Wed 23/09/09 at 08:20
"possibly impossible"
Off topic: They'd just get in the way.

On topic: Happy to keep my General Chat Mod status and increase powers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.