GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum Moderators"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/09/09 at 17:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
As you all know by now it is always our aim to improve the forums and one of the steps I am taking to this aim is to get the moderating team into the mix a bit more helping out and generating a bit of traffic for the relevant sections.

So shortly you should notice a quick shuffle up of moderators and 1 moderator per section (some may continue to have 2 if needed).

Some examples of our aim here is to allow users the chance to help the site along, and take a more active role in the running of the site.

I will need some more volunteers however (1 or 2 new ones). So what I'm going to do is ask people to apply if they want to help me out as part of the forums moderating team. If you want to apply please visit APPLY NOW

Any questions ask away, and if you are very interested in helping, my contact can be used under my name as always :D
Wed 10/11/10 at 13:00
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I gathered but thought i would ask, as it's hard sometimes as you bounce around a bit :) (Not that that's a bad thing).

I am trying to push it through now, but it remains unlikely at the moment.
Wed 10/11/10 at 10:17
"Are you sure?"
Sorry Warhunt - I was just venting really after seeing a new member talking about a** r***** in the WLT thread and unable to do anything...

I did use the 'report abuse' button yesterday.
Things have been cleaned up now :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 10/11/10 at 10:06
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
What's the question you wanted answering Hmmm...? I would prefer if you structure your point as I tend to get things wrong ;)

If you were referring to my quote, then I had a thought and the results were pretty obvious as nothing changed.

Although I am now going to have another think on it (and by that I mean speak to systems to see if we can get it done).

Edited: For clarity
Tue 09/11/10 at 18:57
Regular
I miss the days of modding the WWE forum.
Tue 09/11/10 at 18:01
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote:
Warhunt wrote:
> I will have a think on it, and see if maybe a spread of power is
> needed.

It's still frustrating.

I can't see any reason why a 'moderator' can't remove a post from any Freeola forum!
;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 06/08/10 at 18:21
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> I will have a think on it, and see if maybe a spread of power is
> needed.

It's still frustrating.

I can't see any reason why a 'moderator' can't remove a post from any Freeola forum! ;¬)

EDIT: Thanks Butch!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 09/02/10 at 13:37
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Machie wrote:
> Yeah come on guys, my scam thread alone got 20 people to
> register. Not my fault they didn't stick around. :P

See, you needed to make a scam up and promise them if they stuck around they'd be entitled to some of the rewards.

Obviously this would have to be a scam to keep people posting. And that way their rewards will be being part of a friendly community and have the chance of winning a GAD - whilst being shown tons of freeola adverts :)

@Warhunt - if you have access to the page on facebook - try making me an admin (if you are allowed to that is :o) and I will try and do what I do for Ghosts...and More - update with links, news and the like. That way managing a fanbase to attract attention to the site.
Tue 09/02/10 at 10:14
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Interesting ideas pb, but I think I've already said that it is unlikely. What you are referring to is a massive change in terms of how things operate here. The time needed for a re-design is just not available.

If I could do it myself I would gladly, but this involves work that I can not dedicate enough time to either. Especially seen as it would take longer as I would need a fair amount of help with coding.

If you want to think up a plan for Facebook HM please feel free, and do the usual. I'll take a look ASAP.
Tue 09/02/10 at 09:11
"Are you sure?"
HM wrote:
> A facebook fans page may be good. I know there is a group...

Facebook does crop up every once in a while... The thread contains the link to Freeola's Facebook. 'Just Fans' showed a spark of life at the end of last year ;¬)

I'm not a Facebook fan or user myself...
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 09/02/10 at 08:44
Regular
"THFC"
Sent you a message Warhunt, just opening the idea up a bit.

I did see on Youtube a Freeola section, think it had your name on it Hmmm - or maybe i am dreaming of things lol.

Good to see people are looking at ways to help, so if this site gets 1,000,000 hits a day and you all become rich and famous- remember who helped : D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.