GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"our pensioners deserve better from this government"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/04/04 at 21:11
Regular
"DOUBLE TALKER"
So sad to see the men and women who fought for the freedom of this country with nothing to show from its government.If they are lucky enough to have a flat given to them through the mass of asylum seekers waiting for one they usually die from hyperthermia or they end up in a old peoples home which eventually gets closed down,then to the loony bin and finally to the hospital where some jumped up young doctor decides to pull the plug on their existence.What hope is there for us?
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:34
Regular
they are going to raise the pesion aage anyway. so taxation on increased working years should help offset some of the increased penioners.

One thing that needs sorting out is women should have the same set retirement age as men. Equality is a much thrown around term but this is a clear oversight. it works both ways. Womens life expectancy is 3 years longer than mens so it is ridiculous they should have 8 years more retirement than men on average.
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:34
Regular
"DOUBLE TALKER"
RoJ wrote:
> Pensioners are a huge drain on the state coffers. In our MEDC (More
> Economically Developed Country) there are better healthcare practices
> and people are living longer. This means that they have to be paid
> more in pensions, draining more money. There is also a decrease in
> the childbirths causing a decrease in the working age. This means
> there is more pressure on the people who work and they have to pay
> higher taxes and work over 65 perhaps because there isn't enough
> money to go around. The Government are keen to get rid of the state
> pension.
>
> Besides, the media blow everything out of proportion in an effort to
> sell newspapers, so we can really belive everything they say. (Like
> anyone does).
> We will see if you feel the same when you can't get to the toilet in time or find your spare teeth then shall we
> They do however, have a right to life like the rest of us.
> (Pensioners, not the media)
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:31
Regular
"DOUBLE TALKER"
Ashley wrote:
> don't be a nob
Ditto
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:31
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Pensioners are a huge drain on the state coffers. In our MEDC (More Economically Developed Country) there are better healthcare practices and people are living longer. This means that they have to be paid more in pensions, draining more money. There is also a decrease in the childbirths causing a decrease in the working age. This means there is more pressure on the people who work and they have to pay higher taxes and work over 65 perhaps because there isn't enough money to go around. The Government are keen to get rid of the state pension.

Besides, the media blow everything out of proportion in an effort to sell newspapers, so we can really belive everything they say. (Like anyone does).

They do however, have a right to life like the rest of us.
(Pensioners, not the media)
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:23
Regular
don't be a nob
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:21
Regular
"56 000"
pensioners don't deserve nothing, i mean people over 70 whats the point of providing they only pop it after a couple years after that any way.
Why waste government money.
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:20
Regular
are you 60+. the government would argue the pension system is merely a support system, you are expected to save as well towards your own schemes. I assure you a riculously low percentage of pensioners die from hypothermia.In fact i'd bet as many probably die from extrme heat as cold (in their homes)
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:19
Regular
"DOUBLE TALKER"
My grandad fought this country and he's still alive and kicking on his measily £60 per week pension
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:17
Regular
"DOUBLE TALKER"
they do die of hyperthermia because their council central heating is crap and the local authourity won't shell out a bean for the poor old gits
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:15
Regular
most of them aren't war veterans now! think about it war ended 59 years ago. lowest entry age for war was 16. 59+16=75 which is just below average age of death. and more older people ar female leading to quite low war veteran rates.

This doesn't actually matter but i thought i'd point it out. Old people in general should be treated better though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.