GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your worst Simpsons episode..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/04/04 at 17:58
Regular
"For One Night Only"
What "The Simpsons" episode failed to amuse you. Are there episodes out there, that you think shouldn't have been made?

I don't like the Africa episode or the one with the girl who bullies Lisa because of scent. These are not great writing - and neither are their clip shows.
Thu 08/04/04 at 13:26
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The only Simpson’s episode I can't stand is the one where Bart goes to France on an exchange program and is forced to work for a couple of slack jawed French hippie farmers, it's such a painful episode to watch that I just avoid it every time it's on.

Other than that, clip shows, I hate clip shows in any form, wasting an episode to show us clips we've already seen, they are utterly pointless and a waste of time. Second to that are the Halloween specials, some nice ideas thrown around but since the show only runs for 25 minutes it's all condensed and feels rushed. Although saying that, they can sometime still be enjoyable, like the Halloween special where Homer gets himself cloned, but it would have been better if it was made to run the whole episode rather than 7 minutes.
Thu 08/04/04 at 13:22
Regular
"Plate of glue"
All of season 1.
Thu 08/04/04 at 13:12
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Gabbo wrote:
> And then Homer's brawl with Groundskeeper
> Willie, "Stop pummeling me, it's really painful!"
>
> Genius.

(raises fists) "The boys uv go’at a temper, un thy’ve be'n drinkin’ all day!”
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:42
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:
> The worst episode was easily the one where a large segment is taken up
> musical-style; the only funny part is when Snake tries robbing
> everyone and forgets to bring any ammunition.

No way! That was great. Better than your run-of-the-mill clip show.
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:28
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
The one with Lisa Kudrow is a classic. One of the funniest moments is when Homer and Bart walk into Krusty burger and just walk past all the staff into the kitchen. And then Homer's brawl with Groundskeeper Willie, "Stop pummeling me, it's really painful!"

Genius.
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:14
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Pandaemonium- :)
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:08
Regular
"Yum, Pedigree Chum"
the religious ones. they're really boring
Thu 08/04/04 at 11:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Clazon wrote:
> i disagree with some of you though. bart the evangelist was better
> than average

?????

> and bart the jockey (with furious D?) was all right.

?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!!?!?!?!??!?!

Sorry, I prefer the earlier ones, that made me laugh out loud, as opposed to a couple of smirks an episode. ;)

Trainspotting sums it up perfectly.

SICK BOY
It's certainly a phenomenon in all walks of life.

RENTON
What do you mean?

SICK BOY
Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone for ever. All walks of life: George Best, for example, had it and lost it, or David Bowie, or Lou Reed -

RENTON
Some of his solo stuff's not bad.

SICK BOY
No, it's not bad, but it's not great either, is it? And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just s'ite.
Thu 08/04/04 at 11:51
Regular
"The Red Shift"
every knows that the voice people for it have gone on strike over pay at the moment, don't you?
Thu 08/04/04 at 11:49
Regular
"The Red Shift"
SHEEPY's right about the "stonecutters" episode. my top five easily. probably top 2.

the old new one's like the scent one and the priest one about flanders and the reverand were awful.

i disagree with some of you though. bart the evangelist was better than average and bart the jockey (with furious D?) was all right.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.