GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, this MSN lark..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/04/04 at 15:14
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I was persuaded into getting this messenger thing recently, and......well, it's not up to much, is it? It's nice and pretty, but you can't even use italics in the way they're supposed to be used. And the emoticons suck.

And none of my contacts are online.
Mon 05/04/04 at 20:10
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> The emoticons on AIM are terrible, and frankly, terrifying.

They're so good. See "T*rd Mouth" or "The Sl*g" if you don't believe me.
Mon 05/04/04 at 20:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
Like the cat in the hat?

thats terrifying
Mon 05/04/04 at 20:08
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
That's just lazy, for a start, and also proves my point about MSN being geared towards vacuous conversations.
Mon 05/04/04 at 20:06
Regular
"Teal'c"
The emoticons on AIM are terrible, and frankly, terrifying.
Mon 05/04/04 at 20:06
Regular
"SOUP!"
The place I did job shadow at today use MSN emoticons to show if orders are:

on time - smiley :-)
Due today - Sad :-(
overdue - disappointed :-|
Very over due - angry :-@

Funky-dory
Mon 05/04/04 at 20:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah, but you can just use the emoticons to display how you want your message to be interpreted.
Mon 05/04/04 at 19:40
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
If I want to say something like this then I can do it on AIM. It's necessary, because it changes the way the word is said and therefore the meaning of the sentence - which is why anyone does it in the first place. MSN seems to think the point of italic text is so it luks kewler lyk.
Mon 05/04/04 at 19:39
"R.I.P Acestar"
I see why MSN is good but all my contacts never come online or just never want to talk.It's very frustrating!!!!!I only have about 1 contact who come online and talks.He knows the proper meaning of MSN.Apart from now his computer has crashed so the people i can talk to drops down to 0.BTW if you have put your address on special observe then I'll probably add you because I'm getting deppressed on it.
Mon 05/04/04 at 19:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ah, so because you can impart effects upon the text it is a more adult oriented chat service...

The name thing is true, but boys will be boys.
Mon 05/04/04 at 19:32
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
MSN is geared towards conversations like "c u l8r m8" "y" "cz i of nw" "rite". AIM is centered around worthwhile conversations - it lets you use bold, italic and underline, and doesn't let you have such a massive name that it takes up the entire text box.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.