GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony forced to stop selling Dual Shock Controllers...?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/03/05 at 22:29
Regular
": ("
[URL]http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000997037831/[/URL]
Wed 30/03/05 at 20:54
Regular
": ("
Even though I was the one who made this topic, I still don't understand the whole thing. Can anyone summarise it for me?
Wed 30/03/05 at 20:32
Regular
"object"
they have said that sony cant make rumbling controllers but they never said that third partys couldnt or that third partys cant make rumble enabled games, or sony could get another company to make its controllers for it
Mon 28/03/05 at 16:54
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Oriental Rib wrote:
> And the games?

I didn't know the games are being stopped, but if they are it's most probably because of the technology within the game that controls the rumbling.
Mon 28/03/05 at 14:28
Regular
"8==="
Probably feature in various console bundles and have to be stopped due to some legal reasons we don't know to do with them and the controllers.
Mon 28/03/05 at 14:25
Regular
And the games?
Mon 28/03/05 at 14:24
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Kawada wrote:
> I thought Immersion were just suing them for the technology that makes
> the controllers vibrate. What on earth does that have to do with the
> console itself or the games.

All PS2s are sold with dual shock controllers so they'll have to stop selling the consoles for the time being as there aren't any controllers to go with it!
Mon 28/03/05 at 13:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I thought Immersion were just suing them for the technology that makes the controllers vibrate. What on earth does that have to do with the console itself or the games.
Mon 28/03/05 at 12:27
Regular
"8==="
They should have made a new controller years ago anyway.

Serves them right.
Mon 28/03/05 at 12:05
Regular
"\\"
But what about the Playstation 1s?

*cries*
Mon 28/03/05 at 11:43
"period drama"
From the court thingy:

For the reasons set forth in its January 10, 2005 Order, and having entered judgment in favor of Plaintiff Immersion Corp. (Immersion), the Court hereby PERMANENTLY ENJOINS Defendants Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc., (SCEA) and Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc., (SCEI) (collectively Sony) from manufacturing, using, and/or selling in, or importing into, the United States the infringing Sony Playstation system, including its Playstation consoles, Dualshock controllers, and those games found by the jury to infringe.

Including its Playstation consoles

What the hell?
No more PS2s either?

And what the hell do any of those games have to do with the controller?

We'll see, I suppose.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.