GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony forced to stop selling Dual Shock Controllers...?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/03/05 at 22:29
Regular
": ("
[URL]http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000997037831/[/URL]
Mon 04/04/05 at 19:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well Sony should have some good lawyers who can keep dragging this on and on until the PS3 is released and it'll become a mute point
Mon 04/04/05 at 19:33
Regular
"blacknight rules"
i agree with knuckles what is wrong with them
Mon 04/04/05 at 19:32
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
It basically boils down to Sony being idiots. IIRC, Ninty and Microsoft paid this company off, Sony are having a huff.

The PS2, controllers, etc are allowed to be sold pending an appeal, and even if the ultimate finding is against Sony, it won't stop PS2s being sold. Sony will just sort out some cash incentive to get rid of the problem like everyone else.
Mon 04/04/05 at 19:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Three posts down...

FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> this company has the patent to the motors used in the
> controllers to make them vibrate. But Sony used them without asking,
> so they're getting sued for it.
Mon 04/04/05 at 19:24
Regular
this is the first i have heard and cant make sense of it all so can sombody please explain to me what is wrong with the controllers!!!!!!!!!
Mon 04/04/05 at 19:18
Regular
"blacknight rules"
why are you on the dual shock you read the other one or have you forgot
Mon 04/04/05 at 18:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Does anyone know how long that appeal will last until a final decision is reached?
Mon 04/04/05 at 18:49
"period drama"
Stridman wrote:
> Even though I was the one who made this topic, I still don't
> understand the whole thing. Can anyone summarise it for me?

I think ...

That this company has the patent to the motors used in the controllers to make them vibrate. But Sony used them without asking, so they're getting sued for it.

Sony don't have to do anything yet, because they're appealing against the decision made in court to stop them selling the controllers - and along with them the consoles (which some with a controller) and those games (I don't know why).

But if their appeal gets rejected, they are going to have to stop selling everything mentioned there - or at least stop selling it until they put different motors (or none) in the controllers.
Mon 04/04/05 at 18:23
Regular
"blacknight rules"
i know even the normals vibrate
Wed 30/03/05 at 20:57
Regular
"i own groovy land"
ya me to

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.