GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A foetus with a serious genetic defect should be aborted"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/03/04 at 16:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If a foetus has a serious genetic defect (its life will be comprised of sitting in a chair and drooling) do you think a compulsory abortion should take place?
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:02
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Does it matter?
>
> He even said himself, if his mother knew he had the condition before
> he was born, he would of wanted her to terminate the birth.

That was aimed towards FF by the way, not you Pand :)
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:01
Regular
Does it matter?

He even said himself, if his mother knew he had the condition before he was born, he would of wanted her to terminate the birth.
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
gamezfreak wrote:
> He lived yes.
>
> But he went through pain, suffering, hurt and frustration nearly
> every single day in his life.
>
> Now come on, that's not a "life" really is it?

He also considered suicide a number of times. In his mothers own words (in front of him) "If I knew he would have suffered so much, I'd have had an abortion" (from memory)
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:00
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
He thought so.
Sat 03/04/04 at 12:59
Regular
He lived yes.

But he went through pain, suffering, hurt and frustration nearly every single day in his life.

Now come on, that's not a "life" really is it?
Sat 03/04/04 at 12:59
Regular
So, Pandaemonium you think that the idea of a man, being the head of the household, hence acting manly is worse than killing a baby a few months old?
Sat 03/04/04 at 12:58
Regular
I saw some of that program, but he like the opportunity to have life didn't he?
Sat 03/04/04 at 12:57
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Forest Fan wrote:
> But murdering babies is ok, eh?

A collection of cells is only a *potential* baby. That's why there are laws in place to prevent abortion after a certain length of time.

Still, this doesn't change your appalling attitude towards women.
Sat 03/04/04 at 12:56
Regular
This topic is a sensitive subject that probably divides peoples opinions (like the whole Euthanaisa topic) but frankly I believe the baby should be terminated immediatly.

Why?

Because if you let it come onto this world, what kind of life is he/she going to have? Confined to a wheelchair, needing helpers and other's to wipe your own rear. Where is the dignity in that?

Its for the best in my opinion. You'd be creating suffering and pain for no reason. After watching a program a few weeks ago about a man who had a rare skin condition, he lived with it for 36 years and he went through so much pain and suffering, ending up with cancer. What kind of life is that? He said himself, if you find out the baby has the condition, terminate it, its for the best.
Sat 03/04/04 at 12:55
Regular
But murdering babies is ok, eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.