GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"APRIL EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE (PRODUCTS)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/04/01 at 13:02
Regular
Now we are seeking your ideas for products which we don't sell, which you think we should sell:

There is one prize to be decided at the end of April for the best set of suggestions.

GAMES DON'T COUNT. We aren't looking for a list of games which we don't sell. It's the other stuff we are interested in.

In particular we are looking for PC Software. Not the very expensive stuff. Also PC bits or peripherals.

You can suggest new product ranges which could be of interest to our existing audience: for example our next catalogue includes a Metal Detector.

Make suggestions for our shops, or for items to sell on the internet. Our aim for the shops is "Brimming with Stock and Bristling with Offers". On the internet it's a question of what people will be searching for.

If YOU are thinking of buying something soon, and we don't sell it, then please enter that too.
Page:
Tue 10/04/01 at 13:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Do you already sell PC books like 'Idiot's Guide to...'? Also coding books are useful. Anyway, isn't it YOUR job to think of things to sell, instead of using poor, innocent children to come up with the ideas for the price of a game? Honestly, it's like a sweatshop in here!
Tue 10/04/01 at 13:42
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Music is beyond our resources at present. It's a big subject.

Also - the price of a CD does not allow sufficient margin for mail order handling. i.e. everybody selling CD's will make a loss on them. We suffer from this problem on DVD's too.
Tue 10/04/01 at 13:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Thought so! Its a shame though that would make SR complete and best on the net!

What about the Mouse Cleaners? :D
Tue 10/04/01 at 13:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Do you sell magazines?

For maybe PC, Playstation, N64 etc

They maybe good for someone who has bought a game for that console and fancies a look at the magazine and its only a extra £4 or whatever!

Trying my best here :D
Tue 10/04/01 at 13:45
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
What about storage for pc units, or some sort of carry all for your pc. Does SR already sell HUBS?
Tue 10/04/01 at 13:46
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
monkey_man wrote:
> Do you already sell PC books like 'Idiot's Guide to...'? Also coding books are useful. Anyway, isn't it YOUR job to think of things to sell, instead of using poor, innocent children to come up with the ideas for the price of a game? Honestly, it's like a sweatshop in here!

You contribute if you enjoy contributing. Most people don't do it just to try to win the game.

It's like a sweetshop in here. hmmm Marsadayhelpsyou workrestandplay.co.uk
Tue 10/04/01 at 13:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Why not custom PC housing? Everyone loves the look of the IMacs, but the operating system isn't always suitable. If you introduced casing that was transparent with orange bits and Muse playing in the background, that would ROCK!
Tue 10/04/01 at 13:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Do you sell musical items?

Maybe a electric guitar or keyboard!

Just a long shot mind but I don't think there are any sites on net that sell them but hey maybe people just go for their local shop!

Or the electric drumpads and the software you put on machine that helps you play it.

I am just trying to go for ideas that have not been suggested so don't worry I am not going insane with the stupid suggestions!
Tue 10/04/01 at 13:52
"possibly impossible"
What I'd like to see would be the statuette collections of games characters and other cult figures. Things like the Nintendo and Square keyrings and figure sets and also tie ins from film characters. Offers could then be made for characters and films/games together (buy the Elm Street set and get a half price pewter Freddy...)

They seem to be quite popular at the moment and most places are selling out of the figures.

PC wise, most things seem to be catered for, your blank media seems to always get shoved in a corner of the magazine, you could promote this every so often. Perhaps an addition to your great Maxx PCs could be a 'do it yourself' set, where you make up a list of the parts you want and it gets put together and sent to you, or do you already do that? (looks in magazine) hm..can't see it, although you do offer some extras, like more RAM.

You don't seem to have a great selection of TV Cards either. I'm thinking of getting a USB external TV card soon and I'd like to see what prices you can provide them at. Also, there's a nice little radio control unit that plugs in the ariel socket of a TV and receives a signal from another unit somewhere else, so you could have TV to PC without wiring. Very useful for video editing or playing PC games on a TV screen.

As for stuff I'd like to buy from SR, but can't find, Spaced on DVD doesn't seem to be on your list, and only now are you starting to provide more television DVDs in your collection.
Tue 10/04/01 at 13:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I once tried to get a mouse pad that acted as a drum kit.

How about a better line in gadgetry. Or what about those AI monkeys that boffin invented.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.