GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The dreaded "Disc Read Error"..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/03/05 at 00:36
Regular
"360: swfcman"
...has finally started to show its ugly face. :(

Happened on a few different games now and its time i started to worry. I cant really afford a new PS2 or to get it fixed should it need it. So my Pro Evo days may be numbered...

Its not so bad as i dont play the PS2 so often anymore...but it soon could be the end of a era.
Tue 29/03/05 at 21:31
I'm on my first.
Tue 29/03/05 at 21:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The laser went on mine in June. Either pay about £120 to replace it, or £80 to replace the laser. I went for the new PS2.

Although a GC at £35, as has already been suggested, is well worth it. :-)
Wed 30/03/05 at 00:52
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Hedfix wrote:
> Gamecube - £35 :)

Just a shame the games arent to my taste, otherwise i would.
Wed 30/03/05 at 13:39
Regular
I'm on my fifth.

I got an X-Box - problems sorted.
Wed 30/03/05 at 13:44
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Just a shame the games arent to my taste, otherwise i would.

You can pick up a freeloader and Winning Eleven 6 Final Edition for about £30 nowadays.
Wed 30/03/05 at 15:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Communist Jim wrote:
> I got an X-Box - problems sorted.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... [URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35024&subsectionid=1586[/URL]
*chuckle*
Wed 30/03/05 at 15:44
Regular
Sorry FM, just spotted your earlier question - regarding the cleaner. I haven't got it here with me, but will get it out again when I'm in the right place next Monday. I can't remember the name right now, but will obviously be able to fill in the blanks later. All I can say for now is that its blue and white, fairly general all-purpose stuff which cost about £5 I think. It has about four languages and takes about 30 seconds to do its job. Will find out the details soon.
Thu 31/03/05 at 23:46
Regular
"Bicycle"
Sooo easy to fix...

Get out ya screwdriver, unscrew the case and disc cover, then move the white cog by a couple of notches, making a mark in felt tip on the original notch for future reference.

There's a thread, google it.
Fri 01/04/05 at 16:28
Regular
FM, just got back to the cleaner and unfortunately it doesn't really seem to have a label or logo, other than "DVD/VCD Lens Cleaner. Voice Guide in music and motion pictures". Its just a blue disc with red and white writing, some sort of cloudy picture floating across the blue sky background, all contained in a white CD case with a see-through front. Its all official, but that's all there is to it. Sorry there aren't any more details, other than I got it at a local place called Double Drive computers (not a big chain though, just two stores I think).

I was basically finding that nothing I tried worked, so despite the rumours that these things chew up your dvd lense, I was willing to try. If you're still more worried and feel you can get by without the cleaner, then its probably best to do so, but in my case, the risk seems to have paid off for now (started using it over a year ago and had no problems since as long as I remember to use it regularly). I doubt its got anything special or different to the average lense cleaner in the shops in most towns and its certainly not made for PS2 specifically. Hope that helps in some way.
Fri 01/04/05 at 17:10
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Okies, I'll keep an eye out for one next time I'm in town :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.