GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The dreaded "Disc Read Error"..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/03/05 at 00:36
Regular
"360: swfcman"
...has finally started to show its ugly face. :(

Happened on a few different games now and its time i started to worry. I cant really afford a new PS2 or to get it fixed should it need it. So my Pro Evo days may be numbered...

Its not so bad as i dont play the PS2 so often anymore...but it soon could be the end of a era.
Tue 29/03/05 at 00:36
Regular
"360: swfcman"
...has finally started to show its ugly face. :(

Happened on a few different games now and its time i started to worry. I cant really afford a new PS2 or to get it fixed should it need it. So my Pro Evo days may be numbered...

Its not so bad as i dont play the PS2 so often anymore...but it soon could be the end of a era.
Tue 29/03/05 at 09:22
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
It means either your laser is dirty or on the verge of packing in.

If you're feeling brave your best bet is to try and clean it yourself by taking off the lid, getting a Q-tip, dip it in alcohol and cleaning the laser eye and leaving it to dry for a few mins.

If that don't work I can give you details of a shop in Sheffield that can replace it for you, it shouldn't cost that much (hopefully)
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:51
Regular
Ola Previo,

Mine's been doing the same thing for a few years, but I've been able to fight it using a lense cleanifier. There are rumours that these things cause more scratches than a hedgehog sponge, but mine has worked fine, so I'd definitely recommend it if you don't want to perform PS2 surgery.

As long as you use it regularly, like say Head and Shoulders, it will do the trick.
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:54
Regular
"8==="
Gamecube - £35 :)
Tue 29/03/05 at 13:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
ssxpro wrote:
> Mine's been doing the same thing for a few years, but I've been able
> to fight it using a lense cleanifier.

What is the name of your lense cleanifier? (i.e. brand). I'm thinking of getting one as PS2 number 3 is about to kick the bucket, but I'm never sure whether to get a DVD lens cleaner or a CD lens cleaner.
Tue 29/03/05 at 14:37
Regular
"The definitive tag"
FantasyMeister wrote:
>I'm thinking of getting one as PS2 number 3 is about to kick the bucket,

Blimey, I thought having two broken PS2's under my belt was a lot.
Tue 29/03/05 at 19:57
Regular
"8==="
This is pathetic.

By a machine that isn't made from shoddy crap.
Tue 29/03/05 at 20:25
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Hedfix wrote:
> By a machine that isn't made from shoddy crap.

Yes, buy a Gamecube. I've never had any problems in the two and a half years I've had mine.

I'm now on my third PS2. They're a bit crap really.
Tue 29/03/05 at 20:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'm on my second since launch.
Tue 29/03/05 at 20:33
Regular
Mine laser went, on pretty much the anniversary 3rd year. Haven't bothered getting a new PS2. It's just not worth it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.