GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The dreaded "Disc Read Error"..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/03/05 at 00:36
Regular
"360: swfcman"
...has finally started to show its ugly face. :(

Happened on a few different games now and its time i started to worry. I cant really afford a new PS2 or to get it fixed should it need it. So my Pro Evo days may be numbered...

Its not so bad as i dont play the PS2 so often anymore...but it soon could be the end of a era.
Sun 10/04/05 at 11:54
Eminem115 wrote:
Even
> you can install Linux pc on your xbox and record music track onto
> your xbox and no need for a memory card.

You can install Linux on the PS2, and thus record music through it. Need a HD though.
Sun 10/04/05 at 11:52
Regular
I smell a console fight.
Sat 09/04/05 at 19:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Just shut up. Everyone.
Sat 09/04/05 at 19:51
Regular
"The definitive tag"
A console is only as good as the games that are made for it. There is no right or wrong answer to the "which is better, PS2 or XBOX?" question. It depends on the games you prefer.
Sat 09/04/05 at 19:05
Regular
": ("
Of course the Xbox is more advanced than the PS2, it was made two years after the PS2 was but it doesn't make it a better console.
Sat 09/04/05 at 19:03
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
Yes ps2 got too many errors i understand that everyone thinks its the best console but itisn't XBXO is the next generation console, Even you can install Linux pc on your xbox and record music track onto your xbox and no need for a memory card.
Sat 09/04/05 at 15:47
Regular
"Bicycle"
RoJ wrote:
> That doesn't fix it in all cases, it didn't work with mine. Also, as
> far as I remember, the cog reverts back to its original position
> anyway.

Whatcha talking bout?

Sounds like somebody moved the wrong cog...
Sat 09/04/05 at 15:26
Regular
"8==="
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Communist Jim wrote:
> I got an X-Box - problems sorted.
>
> Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
> [URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35024&subsectionid=1586[/URL]
> *chuckle*

At least if it does that you can expect a refund, if you survive. :D
Sat 09/04/05 at 15:18
Regular
"No CHAVS allowed!"
My PS2 is starting to show the dreaded read error when i try to play GT4, some times it loads, some times it doesn't!
Thu 07/04/05 at 11:51
Regular
"size does matter"
i started having the DREs some time ago. actually it all started so that gt3 wouldn't load anymore. other games were fine. then after a few months other games started to fail loading too. cd/dvd cleaner had no effect whatsoever. finally it became so annoying that i turned to internet for help. yes, i did notice the suggestion to open the ps2 up and change the position of the cog, but i decided not to mess with it. instead, i opted for opening the darn thing up and clean the lens with a piece of cloth and alcohol. that done, my ps2 works like new.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.