GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do people keep dissing the Saturn and Dreamcast?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/04/01 at 19:04
Regular
I don't care what people say about the success of the Saturn or the Dreamcast. To me these have been the better consoles, maybe not in terms of power but in terms of games. People always diss the Saturn because it didn't do well at all. But was it a bad console? No! Games like NiGHTS, Sega Rally, Burning Rangers and House of the Dead where all top Saturn games.

I have always been a Sega fan so maybe that's why I liked the Saturn as opposed to the PlayStation. PlayStation probably was the better console of the last generation but the Dreamcast was completely perfect.

Nobody can deny that Dreamcast is better than PS2 in terms of overall quality. They haven't 'shot themselves in the foot'. The gaming public have shot Sega in the head making sure they don't make another console which is a shame. In my opinion Sega gaming will never be the same again because a Sega game has to be on a Sega console for it to 'feel' right. I like House of the Dead 2 and Sega Rally 2 but on the PC they just don't feel right. You have to be sat in front of your TV with your Sega branded controller and console to experience the full Sega experience. Don't ask me why I just don't think that playing Crazy Taxi on the PS2 will feel right at all.

Now look at the damage you have done Sega haters. You have destroyed the hardware trade of the oldest video gaming company around who have ALWAYS made the best games and the best consoles. I will miss looking forward to the next Sega console, looking at Sonic's latest game and getting all excited about it. I just won't be able to get all excited about waiting to see Sonic's latest game on the PlayStation 3/4/5/6/7..... Call me 'sad' if you must but Sega are the kings of gaming and lots of people out there have made sure that they don't return. AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Tue 10/04/01 at 22:48
Your Honour wrote:
> SonicRav wrote:
Now that's taking it a little too far! Fact is the
> PS1
> has sooo many more top games! It lasted about 5 years
> longer for
> christ's sake!

Just cos it lasted longer, doesnt
> mean it was better. It just meant it appealed to the mass market
> more.

Look at Betamax vs VHS, betamax was technically much
> better, but due to mass market opinions (which are quite often
> wrong) VHS became "the" platform.

Just like DVD's. Will they take over CD's or VHS? They can do more, and are better technolage but will they do it?

I hope so, then i wont have to get rid of mine!
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:45
Regular
SonicRav wrote:
Now that's taking it a little too far! Fact is the PS1
> has sooo many more top games! It lasted about 5 years longer for
> christ's sake!

Just cos it lasted longer, doesnt mean it was better. It just meant it appealed to the mass market more.

Look at Betamax vs VHS, betamax was technically much better, but due to mass market opinions (which are quite often wrong) VHS became "the" platform.
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:43
I never liked the Saturn, the only sega i would never want to own.
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:38
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Pagey wrote:
> Saturn was AMAZING. In my opinion better than PSOne.

Now that's taking it a little too far! Fact is the PS1 has sooo many more top games! It lasted about 5 years longer for christ's sake!

Sonic
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:37
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Saturn was AMAZING. In my opinion better than PSOne.
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:34
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
U've obviously never played a saturn. There were some great games. It was no harder to develop for than the PS2 is now!

SonicRav
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:27
Mr. Dark wrote:
> Saturn = pants

Dreamcast = top quality!
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:26
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I spent bl00dy ages typing that out! It was meant to say NIGHTS down the page... but no! TRhey had to squash up all the spaces!

SonicRav
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:24
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
nn nn
nnn nn
nn n nn
nn nnn
nn nn

iiiiiiii
ii
ii
ii
ii
iiiiiiii

gggggggg
gggggggg
gg gg
gg
gg ggg
gg gg
gggggggg

hh hh
hh hh
hhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhh
hh hh
hh hh

tttttttt
tttttttt
tt
tt
tt
tt

ssssssss
ssssssss
ss ss
ss
sss
sss
s sss
ssssssss
ssssssss

Sonic

PS. Bet this looks aweful when its printed. In this text box it looks cool!
Tue 10/04/01 at 12:20
Regular
Did we ever diss it? IT's been a messed up machine anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.