GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do people keep dissing the Saturn and Dreamcast?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/04/01 at 19:04
Regular
I don't care what people say about the success of the Saturn or the Dreamcast. To me these have been the better consoles, maybe not in terms of power but in terms of games. People always diss the Saturn because it didn't do well at all. But was it a bad console? No! Games like NiGHTS, Sega Rally, Burning Rangers and House of the Dead where all top Saturn games.

I have always been a Sega fan so maybe that's why I liked the Saturn as opposed to the PlayStation. PlayStation probably was the better console of the last generation but the Dreamcast was completely perfect.

Nobody can deny that Dreamcast is better than PS2 in terms of overall quality. They haven't 'shot themselves in the foot'. The gaming public have shot Sega in the head making sure they don't make another console which is a shame. In my opinion Sega gaming will never be the same again because a Sega game has to be on a Sega console for it to 'feel' right. I like House of the Dead 2 and Sega Rally 2 but on the PC they just don't feel right. You have to be sat in front of your TV with your Sega branded controller and console to experience the full Sega experience. Don't ask me why I just don't think that playing Crazy Taxi on the PS2 will feel right at all.

Now look at the damage you have done Sega haters. You have destroyed the hardware trade of the oldest video gaming company around who have ALWAYS made the best games and the best consoles. I will miss looking forward to the next Sega console, looking at Sonic's latest game and getting all excited about it. I just won't be able to get all excited about waiting to see Sonic's latest game on the PlayStation 3/4/5/6/7..... Call me 'sad' if you must but Sega are the kings of gaming and lots of people out there have made sure that they don't return. AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Tue 10/04/01 at 23:16
SonicRav wrote:
> I'm not bl00dy saying you should buy one. Just don't say:

Mr.
> Dark wrote:
> Saturn = pants

When it had some of the best
> games ever. I would rather play Nights, Virtua ON and multiplayer
> daytona than any current PS2 game!

Got me there, i don't like any PS2 game i have played. The PS2 hids behind a DVD player and the rest of it. And forgets people are buying it for the games.
Tue 10/04/01 at 23:03
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I'm not bl00dy saying you should buy one. Just don't say:

Mr. Dark wrote:
> Saturn = pants

When it had some of the best games ever. I would rather play Nights, Virtua ON and multiplayer daytona than any current PS2 game!
Tue 10/04/01 at 23:00
Pagey wrote:
> You really MUST play NiGHTS Mr.Dark. It is pure genius. It is the
> best looking 32bit game I have seen and you just can' stop playing
> it. And that wasn't the only reason to buy a Saturn. There was Sega
> Rally, Fighters Megamix (Fighting Vipers and Virtua Fighter 2 in
> one!), Quake, House of the Dead and more!

It's Dr. now

Sonic, i know there are some good games, i know 2 people who has got one. But there not my thing.
Tue 10/04/01 at 23:00
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Pagey wrote:
> You really MUST play NiGHTS Mr.Dark. It is pure genius. It is the
> best looking 32bit game I have seen and you just can' stop playing
> it. And that wasn't the only reason to buy a Saturn. There was Sega
> Rally, Fighters Megamix (Fighting Vipers and Virtua Fighter 2 in
> one!), Quake, House of the Dead and more!

Daytona, Street Fighter Alpha, Virtua ON, sooo many!
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:58
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
DUCK = dr dark.. sorry!
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:57
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
FOR GOd's sake DUCK! I just admitted the PS1 was better than the Saturn... but the fact is that EVERY console has great games! Even the Jaguar had Alien vs Preditor, and that was ace!

Sonic
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:57
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
You really MUST play NiGHTS Mr.Dark. It is pure genius. It is the best looking 32bit game I have seen and you just can' stop playing it. And that wasn't the only reason to buy a Saturn. There was Sega Rally, Fighters Megamix (Fighting Vipers and Virtua Fighter 2 in one!), Quake, House of the Dead and more!
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:53
SonicRav wrote:
> Hey! I'm the one who first brought the parallel with betamax/VHS!
> Anyway, the fact is the Saturn had brilliant games. I love nights!
> My fav game ever. But, for every great game on the saturn there are
> more on the PS1. Maybe not like for like (nothing is the same as
> nights!), but pretty close!

Sonic

This nights game. I have never played it, but one game can't make people buy a console... Then goldeneye, i know about 3 people who got the n64 for that and zelda, mario...
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:53
Regular
"everyone says it"
I don't know why do people keep dissing the saturn and dreamcast??
Tue 10/04/01 at 22:49
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Hey! I'm the one who first brought the parallel with betamax/VHS! Anyway, the fact is the Saturn had brilliant games. I love nights! My fav game ever. But, for every great game on the saturn there are more on the PS1. Maybe not like for like (nothing is the same as nights!), but pretty close!

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.