GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is best? Final Fantasy Series"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Tue 29/03/05 at 23:03
Regular
I have only just got into the Final Fantasy series after tons of people telling me that I should. What are your views on these games? Which one is the best? And what are your most memorabel parts?
Wed 30/03/05 at 17:28
Regular
"i own groovy land"
nah. it's a good shooting game thow.

(justn in case you think i am copying Emitime, i am carying on his saying in till evey one is saying it)
Wed 30/03/05 at 17:19
Regular
Ah, I forgot about the whole memorable stuff. I apologise for my retardedness. Also Stridman don't use my real name you don't know me.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyway my personal opinion is that the series was at it's strongest from 4-7 (and i'll chuck in FF Tactics as well even though technically it's not truly part of the series)
1-2 Were good for their day, not played 3, i enjoyed 4 and 5, 6 and 7 were classics and were the peak of the series.
8 i hated, story and characters were boring to me (apart from Quistis :-D) and the only thing that saved it was the card game
9 was alright, nothing special, only Steiner and Vivi kept me entertained through that, however whoever thought that virtually the whole of disc 3 with Garnet mute was going to be entertaining needs to be shot if they haven't already been. Plus they ruined the card game with the random elements.
10 was another i found dull and uninspiring but saved by Blitzball, and X-2 was a travesty to gaming and should never have seen the light of day.

*grabs flame shield and sword and braces himself* :-D
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:15
Regular
": ("
I'm just sticking up for you because we both have the same first three letters in our names.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:08
Regular
Stridman wrote:
> Hey joe why are you getting so bothered about it? He hasn't spoilt it
> for you.

It hasn't been spoilt for anyone, the guy asked people to list memorable parts. And that is one.

Muuh.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The guy asked for most memorable parts in the games, so if spoilers come out it should hardly be a surprise
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:07
Regular
Don't make me smile with your laughable insults you sad little man.

Anyway in regards to the topic.. I'd suggest getting Final Fantasy 9 first, I did and I found it the easiest way to get into the series. It's not necessarily the best one, which is good because it eases you in, and you will love it and it'll make you want to play the rest of the games. I played 9 before I'd played any of the rest and it's what got me into the series. Then after that start getting the rest, and when your really becoming quite a fan, you should look into 7 and below, which have really dated graphics but the same depth and gameplay of the others which makes them harder to swallow but still as rewarding.

Also get 9 first because it features possibly the best bunch of characters.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:06
Regular
": ("
Hey joe why are you getting so bothered about it? He hasn't spoilt it for you.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:03
Regular
Oh, you utterly retarded crappacker.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:02
Regular
Oriental Rib wrote:
> Yes well done for spoiling the best bit in FF7 for him ssxpro. Also 6
> All

AERIS DIES!!! It's hardly a big secret.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.