GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some Christianity Questions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/03/04 at 20:37
Regular
Do you seek the advice of Dr Laura? [URL] http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/drlaura.asp [/URL]

---

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

----

Could you attempt to answer some of those questions for us, Forest Fan? I'm certainly interested.
Fri 26/03/04 at 17:33
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
if there is one thing that I am sure of the Bible, is that wherever it is discussed and challenged, people tend to argue a lot. Perhaps this is the inherent evil of all religion.. why I decide to keep well clear most of the time.
Just read below for a good example, everyone is at eachother's throats, perhaps I am completely out of my rights to interfere but I should think that some constructive discussion on this interesting post would be better than senseless name calling and repetitive quotes highlighting the numerous errors in everyone elses posts. After all who can really claim to have the 'correct' answer to all the questions raised here?

I'm not saying dont express your opinion, just please in a more constructive and inclusive manner would be nice.
Fri 26/03/04 at 17:05
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Light wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
>
> Heh, but I haven't. With all this persistance to wanting to know my
> personal details and with you being 30, I can draw a different
> conclusion.
>
> Couldn't care less about your personal details young man; just wanna
> know your age to confirm the suspicion that all of this faith will
> melt away the second you hit puberty.

Passed puberty many years ago, still believe Jesus is Lord, time has changed nothing in that respect.
>
> Nice try to get me onto my age and on the defensive though.
> Exceptional for a 12 year old.

Ah... but could a 12 year old do that? Disproof of your own conclusion, I like it Light.
Fri 26/03/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Forest Fan wrote:

> Heh, but I haven't. With all this persistance to wanting to know my
> personal details and with you being 30, I can draw a different
> conclusion.

Couldn't care less about your personal details young man; just wanna know your age to confirm the suspicion that all of this faith will melt away the second you hit puberty.

Nice try to get me onto my age and on the defensive though. Exceptional for a 12 year old.
Fri 26/03/04 at 17:02
Regular
Light wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
>
>
> Not really. 12, interesting guess, but like I have said, wrong.
> Don't
> you remember lying is a sin, you told me that yourself. So I can't
> have lied.
>
> Yeah, and you keep saying you're a sinner, so yes you can lie my 12
> year old troll friend.

Heh, but I haven't. With all this persistance to wanting to know my personal details and with you being 30, I can draw a different conclusion.
Fri 26/03/04 at 17:00
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Forest Fan wrote:

>
> Not really. 12, interesting guess, but like I have said, wrong. Don't
> you remember lying is a sin, you told me that yourself. So I can't
> have lied.

Yeah, and you keep saying you're a sinner, so yes you can lie my 12 year old troll friend.
Fri 26/03/04 at 16:58
Regular
Light wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> Light wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
>
> Well Light, let's just say I'm not 30. Put it that way, eh?
>
> I know you're not 30. You're 12.
>
> Not very good at guessing are you Light?
>
>
> Clearly I am; if I was so awful you'd let it drop. You're at SUCH
> pains to deny it. But then, 12 year olds haven't much idea about
> subtlety...

Not really. 12, interesting guess, but like I have said, wrong. Don't you remember lying is a sin, you told me that yourself. So I can't have lied.
Fri 26/03/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Belldandy wrote:

>
> Like you then? Yup.

Heheheheheh....Bell, you see what you've done there is make a rather petty little "Well....I HATE YOU!" statement, with no evidence to support it. And coming, as it does, from a lardy coward who very soon will have to drop all objections to prostitution if he ever wants to get laid by someone other than a fatter man than he, it just falls flat.
>
> Every source is biased, looking at more than one source is a little
> better but they are all biased.

That's right, they are. So if you look at lots of sources and use your brain, you'll know that different sources have different bias'. So you start off by looking for what the sources agree on. That is far more likely to be truthful, though of course it's still not infallible.

The different types of bias (which can now be identified after comparing sources) also give you a good idea of the motivation of the writer. You see Bell, that's what people who use their brains for something other than weighing up whether or not to tug at his underused pud for the 8th time that night use them for; thinking.
Fri 26/03/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Light wrote:
> Try looking at more than one source. You see, to people who dally
> with such trivial nonsense as 'factual evidence', it's a simple
> thing; look at all of the available evidence (ALL of it), then come
> up with your premise.
>
> You, of course, won't know what I'm talking about; just like Gump
> here, you already have your preconceived notions (both inspried by
> works of fiction), and you look only for evidence that supports it
> whilst deliberately ignoring that which does not.

Like you then? Yup.

Every source is biased, looking at more than one source is a little better but they are all biased.
Fri 26/03/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Light wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
>
>
>
> Not very good at guessing are you Light?

Clearly I am; if I was so awful you'd let it drop. You're at SUCH pains to deny it. But then, 12 year olds haven't much idea about subtlety...
Fri 26/03/04 at 16:42
Regular
Light wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
>
>

Not very good at guessing are you Light?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.