GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some Christianity Questions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/03/04 at 20:37
Regular
Do you seek the advice of Dr Laura? [URL] http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/drlaura.asp [/URL]

---

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

----

Could you attempt to answer some of those questions for us, Forest Fan? I'm certainly interested.
Tue 30/03/04 at 20:54
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
And what do you think was the point?
Tue 30/03/04 at 20:47
"period drama"
You're not the brightest button, are you?
Tue 30/03/04 at 17:26
Regular
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> They had MANY children.
>
> All expert banjo players, with bong eyes and sloping brows.
>
> [URL]http://www.home.zonnet.nl/popcorn2/nl/midi/dueling.mid[/URL]
>
> [edit] If your don't understand this reference forest fan, thats your
> homework assignment for tonight. I'm off home, and can't be bothered
> to explain it to you.

Yeh, Pandaemonium, I didn't. What was the point?
Tue 30/03/04 at 17:25
Regular
loki wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> Two men and two women should not be together. It's wrong.
>
> You mean 4 in a bed? Yeah you're right, group sex can seem kinda
> tacky.
>
> So where do you draw the line FF, two girls and 1 guy?

loki, I'm sure you do not need a reply but I'll give you one anyway;

Two men, a man and a man

OR

Two women, a woman and a woman

should NOT be together; if they are a couple, this is Homo-sexuality.
Tue 30/03/04 at 16:33
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Two men and two women should not be together. It's wrong.

You mean 4 in a bed? Yeah you're right, group sex can seem kinda tacky.

So where do you draw the line FF, two girls and 1 guy?
Tue 30/03/04 at 16:22
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Forest Fan wrote:
> They had MANY children.

All expert banjo players, with bong eyes and sloping brows.

[URL]http://www.home.zonnet.nl/popcorn2/nl/midi/dueling.mid[/URL]

[edit] If your don't understand this reference forest fan, thats your homework assignment for tonight. I'm off home, and can't be bothered to explain it to you.
Tue 30/03/04 at 16:15
Regular
They had MANY children.
Tue 30/03/04 at 16:15
Regular
Adam and Eve also had daughters.
Tue 30/03/04 at 16:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Forest Fan wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I'm not disgusted by lesbians.
> And nor is the vast majority of the population.
>
> But the idea of two of the same gender, is wrong. I mean how would
> the earth get populated if the whole world was homo?

But didn't Adam and Eve have only sons? And didn't one of the sons kill the other one? How were we descended from the original dysfunctional family?
Tue 30/03/04 at 15:59
Regular
Eating meat is not a sin, Jesus ate lamb.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.