GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FF or Zelda? (Thread Closed)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda'.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:01
Regular
": ("
Most people i've asked have said they like Zelda better but I think FF is more harder and has much better storylines and gameplay.

In every FF theres always good characters and each FF has a totally different storyline the the previous. Im not a great fan of FF and have never completed one but I think i've played enough to know what im talking about.

Zelda is just average to me. This is probably why I don't have a Gamecube. The Zelda storylines aren't wonderful, just like fairy tales really and the characters aren't that great either.

Which one do you like better?
Sun 03/04/05 at 14:33
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
oops
Sun 03/04/05 at 14:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
J-42 wrote:
> Give me three good titles on PS2 about to be released.

Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner, Atelier Iris and Stella Deus and just because i'm kind i'll chuck in Wild Arms 4 for you as well.

and for the none RPG fans we've also got Dynasty Warriors 5, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Metal Slug 4 & 5 all coming out within the next month or so
Sun 03/04/05 at 14:21
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Chipseh wrote:
> Zelda by miles, it's not even a contest. On the SNES, however, the
> gap was closer, but a FF game has yet to top Ocarina of Time and A
> Link to the Past.

I don't want to get in an arguement but clearly you have totally made this up off the top of your head. Each and EVERY Final Fantasy game has sold more than Zelda. Trust me i know this for a fact mate. Final Fantasy 7 is in the World Records for being 'the best selling game of all time'. So, maybe you should get facts right before you talk about Final Fantasy.
Sun 03/04/05 at 14:17
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Kawada wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Zelda isn't an RPG anyway. It shouldn't have a battle system as
> such.
>
> Yes but i was just saying i don't like the hack 'n' slash gameplay
> that Zelda has. Never have never will.
>
> You are a bit of a turn-based junkie, though.
> It doesn't really bother me - makes things much more exciting most of
> the time.
>
> I don't think Zelda is over-rated, Strid. OoT is easily one of the
> best games of all time. That's just a fact - it's just wonderful.
>
> Can't wait for the new one.
> Give me a choice between FF12 and New Zelda, and it's gonna be Zelda
> no competition.

It is NOT a fact it is wonderful because not everyone thinks that. More people are buying different games than Zelda nowadays. Yes, there will be die-hard fans of Zelda who don't like it to be put-down, but as gamers grow older and mature, their taste differs. No-longer are many gamers into the Zelda series, that's a fact and i have taken this from Nintendo's sales/profits. The Windwaker sold alot yes, but considering only 5 Million people own a Gamecube in the UK...When 1/4 of households in the UK have a PS2, no wonder Final Fantasy sells more, that's just in the UK, never mind Japan where they live, sleep, and eat RPGs.

That brings me onto another thing. Zelda is NOT an RPG. In all of the official Nintendo Magazines, they refer to it as an adventure game. If anyone can give me reasons why it IS an RPG i'll eat my hat. I don't see a HP gauge in Zelda. I also don't see an MP gauge. Where are the weapons to upgrade. There are no potions or exlixers in the game. No real battle system, just real time battles, not what classic RPGs are. Also, the dymnamic storyline doesn't exist in Zelda. If you compare the classic Final Fantasy 7 (VII) storyline to the Ocarina Of Time, you clearly have a winner. Yes, i am a fan-boy of Final Fantasy, but i also enjoy Zelda. There is just no-way that Zelda is better than Final Fantasy in my opinion. Thanks for reading, please don't fry me for what i have said, just keep the conversation sensible and mature.
Sun 03/04/05 at 14:14
Regular
"i own groovy land"
sorry but non of them, i think that ff is to far feched and as for zelder, well you other guy is right its to old in its storyline and it gets boring after a while. sorry if i have ofended anyone.
Sun 03/04/05 at 14:06
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Final Fantasy obviously. ALL Zelda games feature the same old storyline, same characters each game with updated graphics or little changes e.g The 'flute' might be a 'windwaker'. Whereas Final Fantasy if you are a fan, you will never turn to this Nintendo tripe.
Sun 03/04/05 at 13:28
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Kawada wrote:
> Can't keep up with all the releases for the PS2 i need to play will
> have no chance if i get a Gamecube as well

Give me three good titles on PS2 about to be released.
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Plus i doubt i'll be able to pull myself away from Phantom Kingdom at the moment
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:42
Regular
"8==="
Well it's coming from North America so I'm not surprised it hasn't arrived yet.
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> Edit: Fire Emblem. I can't fully keep track of these things myself.
> :D
>
> I saw the footage though and ME WANT!

Ooooh Fire Emblem on the GC? ............ no i must resist

> How's Gladius by the way?

Not got it yet, post is crappy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.