GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FF or Zelda? (Thread Closed)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda'.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:01
Regular
": ("
Most people i've asked have said they like Zelda better but I think FF is more harder and has much better storylines and gameplay.

In every FF theres always good characters and each FF has a totally different storyline the the previous. Im not a great fan of FF and have never completed one but I think i've played enough to know what im talking about.

Zelda is just average to me. This is probably why I don't have a Gamecube. The Zelda storylines aren't wonderful, just like fairy tales really and the characters aren't that great either.

Which one do you like better?
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:01
Regular
Most people i've asked have said they like Zelda better but I think FF is more harder and has much better storylines and gameplay.

In every FF theres always good characters and each FF has a totally different storyline the the previous. Im not a great fan of FF and have never completed one but I think i've played enough to know what im talking about.

Zelda is just average to me. This is probably why I don't have a Gamecube. The Zelda storylines aren't wonderful, just like fairy tales really and the characters aren't that great either.

Which one do you like better?
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:32
"period drama"
Generally, the Zelda series is more consistantly amazing.
FF is up and down, with a great bit down at the moment.

But taking the 2 best games from each - FF7 vs OoT (or MM in some people's rightful opinions) there's no way you'll take either off of me alive.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'll take any Nippon-Ichi game over both of them :-D

But seriously don't like Zelda's battle system, prefer my turn based combat so FF it is for me
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:36
"period drama"
Zelda isn't an RPG anyway. It shouldn't have a battle system as such.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:36
Regular
In like the Gameboy Zelda games but I just don't understand why everyone likes Zelda so much, I don't hate it but I just think it's over-rated.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Zelda isn't an RPG anyway. It shouldn't have a battle system as such.

Yes but i was just saying i don't like the hack 'n' slash gameplay that Zelda has. Never have never will.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:42
Regular
When you play Zelda, do you play as Link or do you play as Zelda? Because on Super Smash Bros they have Zelda but his name is Link.

:?
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:44
"period drama"
Kawada wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Zelda isn't an RPG anyway. It shouldn't have a battle system as
> such.
>
> Yes but i was just saying i don't like the hack 'n' slash gameplay
> that Zelda has. Never have never will.

You are a bit of a turn-based junkie, though.
It doesn't really bother me - makes things much more exciting most of the time.

I don't think Zelda is over-rated, Strid. OoT is easily one of the best games of all time. That's just a fact - it's just wonderful.

Can't wait for the new one.
Give me a choice between FF12 and New Zelda, and it's gonna be Zelda no competition.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:46
"period drama"
Stridman wrote:
> When you play Zelda, do you play as Link or do you play as Zelda?
> Because on Super Smash Bros they have Zelda but his name is Link.

Hmmm ... seems you're talking about Zelda without having a real clue about what's going on.

You play as Link, always have - green-garbed fairy boy.
The series is called Zelda after the Princess Zelda.

It's always been a bit strange to call it the Legend of Zelda when she's not even the main character (doesn't even appear in some of them). But it's just one of those things.
Thu 31/03/05 at 15:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> You are a bit of a turn-based junkie, though.
> It doesn't really bother me - makes things much more exciting most of
> the time.

No i'm a strategy RPG junkie. I just can't stand the hack 'n' slash gameplay, just my preference, the fact i like turn based and strategy combat has nothing to do with it. I'd still hate the gameplay if those two systems weren't around

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.