GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Internet connection sharing and Live"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/03/05 at 17:08
Regular
"8==="
Ok I now have this card: [URL]http://www.secure-warehouse.co.uk/dsl-warehouse/product.asp?pr=NGFA311&pm=864[/URL]

Before I break the seal on it can someone confirm that I've got the correct thing (99% sure I have).

Any tips for setting up ICS through my PC would be appreciated. :)
Fri 01/04/05 at 22:15
Regular
Are you not able to buy a new router?
Fri 01/04/05 at 22:08
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I've got a speedtouch 510. WOrks a dream. :)
Fri 01/04/05 at 22:05
Regular
"8==="
Apparently BT Yahoo doesn't support ICS. ******* joy!

Apparnetly I need a speedtouch 350 instead of a 330. Found a nice BT Article in which they recommend the 350 over and over again: can I buy it from the BT shop? No because it would be stupid of BT to actually SELL the modem they're recommending now wouldn't it?

and I've found a third modem from BT which apprently definately works with xbox live and BT yahoo.

This is really daft.
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:33
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Hedfix wrote:
>
> If they say I now need to have a BT ethernet card to get help I shall
> scream very loudly indeeed. :)

Well, it does normally solve the problem :-)
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:19
Regular
"8==="
Same thing happened with my router. Although I couldn't get any help from BT last time because it was a non-BT router. Now I'm using ICS so I can use their router so I expect to be able to get some help.

If they say I now need to have a BT ethernet card to get help I shall scream very loudly indeeed. :)
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:17
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Indeed. I thought mine was hard work, but this is ridiculous.

Any help I may have offered/not given ends here, I'm afraid.
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:04
Regular
"8==="
*Highly Excitable* wrote:
> Have you tried just running a normal Network Setup Wizard?

Yep. Card works, wires connected etc it's just the DNS bit that screws things up.

Perhaps the line/account isn't setup for two devices since it was a standard BT yahoo account with broadband and not one of the specifically for Xbox live kits that BT do.

It's puzzling.
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:02
Regular
"8==="
Tried that. BT account didn't like being taken off 'automatic'.

Tried putting those details inot the xbox before and also the IP addresses I got from the router.

Still didn't work.

Think I'll ring BT tomorrow and if they can't help we'll get a BT guy round to diagnose the problem.
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:26
Regular
I take it you have Windows XP.

This is what I did:
1. Right click on your internet/broadband connection then properties and goto the advanced tab (I think) and select share this connection or something similiar.
2. Right click on your network connection and click on properties.
3. Then there should be a little box with loads of protocol and stuff in, click on the TCP/IP one and input IP adresses for the Subnet and IP adress box. Something like 255.255.255.255 for the subnet and 192.168.0.1 for the IP address box.
4. Leave the default gateway and DNS setting blank.
5. Switch on Xbox and go into the network option menu thing, input the X-Boxes IP addy as 192.168.0.2 and the subnet the same as the computer (255.255.255.255). If it asks you for a default gateway input the IP address of the computer (192.168.0.1) and when it asks you for the primary DNS server input the IP address of the computer (192.168.0.1).

Then it should all work.
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:19
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Have you tried just running a normal Network Setup Wizard?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.