GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Visual Basic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/03/04 at 13:18
Regular
I am going to start to try and learn Visual Basic, i was wondering what software i would have to use to start coding a program.
Do i have to buy any software?
Does anyone know of any good tutorials/programs which could get me started?
Thanks,
James
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:06
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
yeh, it's extremely easy to start with but is damn annoying at times.
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:42
Regular
Oh, procedural then.
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:07
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Without OO it's quite simple. You just think of one thing at a time. It's just executing straight down the code and you don't have to notice any Constructors or Destructors etc. However OO makes a lot more sense and is better programming.
Thu 18/03/04 at 09:38
Regular
"Meh"
When I started on C++ I used a book that always had OO in mind. What is it like without using the OO "philosophy"? Are classes and inheritance still used?
Thu 18/03/04 at 09:21
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Java is probably the best language to start learning. It's fairly easy (as programming languages go) and learning Java properly also means learning how to write OO software, which is far more important than mere language syntax.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:30
Regular
"Meh"
My brother made a few Pascal progs, rather nifty they were too. I much prefer the text output than the clunky Java style windows that we get now with Java progs.
Wed 17/03/04 at 16:56
Regular
I have wrote a few programs in pascal, but they were just input/output ones.
ie, Just ones when a formula set as a variable can be manipulated.
Tue 16/03/04 at 22:27
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
i've been programming in Vb for around 4 years. just swapped to c++ which makes a lot more sense and frankly funner and cleverer.

frankly i wouldn't even start in a visual language. if you want to get the real basics of a program you should just start of in Basic for a few months until you can write a fairly decent program quickly and understand how and why it works.
Tue 16/03/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Meh"
Ditto for me, except instead of moving to C it was C++, then Java as uni requires it now.
Tue 16/03/04 at 21:07
Regular
Me.

I used to code in Visual basic for about 2 years, Now i've moved on to C. Which i've been learning/playing with for about 3 months or so.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.