GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the long and tiring road"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Wed 06/04/05 at 19:55
Regular
"hammy boy"
yawn. i have eventually finished 25 laps of the nurburgring on gt4 and found it so long and tiring. i know that there is a 24 hour endurance on the nurburgring and a 8 hour one i think but if i found 25 laps of the nurburgring long and boring,how am i meant to managed 24 hours of it? does anybody have views on why the gt4 endurance races are so long and felt like i did?
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:54
Regular
"hammy boy"
it would have been better to have a save option half way the endurances or something like that. i dont like the computer taking control of the car i am driving. in gt3 the endurances were better as you didnt have to drive for such a long period of time. when i completed gt3 100% i thouht to myself "well done" but once i complete gt4 i will be like " well done the computer".
Thu 07/04/05 at 16:18
Regular
"Bicycle"
Why not just pause it every hour or so, and leave the PS2 on 'til you come back?
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:42
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Absolutely. As long as people have an option, there is no problem.

*Looks through calendar for a spare 24 hours* :)
Thu 07/04/05 at 01:21
Regular
"The definitive tag"
As long as it was optional.
Thu 07/04/05 at 01:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It would have been good if they had like a point after 4 hours or something where you could save it. That would eliminate the constant saving issue.
Wed 06/04/05 at 23:38
Regular
"The definitive tag"
It's entirely up to the player whether they would choose to do it all in one go or not, but it doesn't really matter seeing as there is no save feature so nobody has a choice anyway.
Wed 06/04/05 at 23:02
"period drama"
Bit of a stupid idea to have races that long at all.
Wed 06/04/05 at 23:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Then that's up to the person if they want to do it like that. It'd be more rewarding for me to do it like that then just have to B-Spec it seeing as i don't have enough time to do a whole 24 hour race in one go.
Wed 06/04/05 at 22:57
But then it's hardly endurance.

You can play, like an hour a day, and be done in a month.

Not exactly hard.
Wed 06/04/05 at 22:50
Regular
"The definitive tag"
The option should be there anyway though. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.